General / Mental Health Support Thread

@Lauz9888 First off, best of luck for a hugely successful operation and a quick full recovery. Treatment is so advanced now and the odds are heavily stacked in your favour. We all know you’re going to be fine.

After my stoma reversal, it was the medication that made me shattered. I was largely housebound for weeks but slowly rebuilt my stamina and am now unrecognisable from what I was.

Bowel cancer is hereditary down the male line and I’ve made huge changes to try and combat it coming back for me.

Liver results in - non alcoholic fatty liver. Just need to continue exercise and diet and hopefully I can also halt this

Nice to see you Sunday.

I’m averaging well over 10,000 steps a day now by taking morning walks and evenings walks. The vegetarian diet is helping too as it’s forced me to become a more discerning eater.

@Lauz9888 First off, best of luck for a hugely successful operation and a quick full recovery. Treatment is so advanced now and the odds are heavily stacked in your favour. We all know you’re going to be fine.

After my stoma reversal, it was the medication that made me shattered. I was largely housebound for weeks but slowly rebuilt my stamina and am now unrecognisable from what I was.

Bowel cancer is hereditary down the male line and I’ve made huge changes to try and combat it coming back for me.
Thank you!

After the op I'm going to stay with my parents for a couple of weeks (or until we start to annoy each other). They will cook for me etc and I won't have to do any cleaning or shopping or anything so I can just rest and build my strength back up. It's all very strange to me as I've lived alone and done everything for myself for many years.

I'm just waiting to get through it tbh. Have the op, hopefully get the all clear and then I can get back to my life.

Liver results in - non alcoholic fatty liver. Just need to continue exercise and diet and hopefully I can also halt this
All things considered, that is the best diagnosis — hope it provides a measure of relief! I know you’ll take on the guidance from your doctors and will be feeling even better in no time.

We are here to provide continued, if you need it, as well!

Thank you!

After the op I'm going to stay with my parents for a couple of weeks (or until we start to annoy each other). They will cook for me etc and I won't have to do any cleaning or shopping or anything so I can just rest and build my strength back up. It's all very strange to me as I've lived alone and done everything for myself for many years.

I'm just waiting to get through it tbh. Have the op, hopefully get the all clear and then I can get back to my life.
I know you are already aware, but I just wanted to emphasise that you are very fortunate to have such excellent family and work support, and that is as much a reflection of you as it is of them (you are a person that people value and want to help do well).

I hope the operation goes well and look forward to hearing about your recovery!

I know you are already aware, but I just wanted to emphasise that you are very fortunate to have such excellent family and work support, and that is as much a reflection of you as it is of them (you are a person that people value and want to help do well).

I hope the operation goes well and look forward to hearing about your recovery!
Thank you, that's such a lovely thing to say.

I always knew my family would support me through anything because they always have.

Work has been a pleasant surprise though. I've always enjoyed my job and got on with the people I work with, which is good luck in itself - but I never really thought I'd find myself in this position and it's been such a relief to find them to be concerned, respectful of my privacy, keen to do anything they can to make things easier for me, and insistent all the way up the hierarchy that I put my health first and don't let work add anything to my stress. They're all about me being in charge of who knows what and taking whatever time or adjustments I need to get better.

I work for a huge company in a fast-paced industry, you hear such horror stories from some businesses about how employers treat people when they get ill but my experience couldn't really have been better.

Thank you, that's such a lovely thing to say.

I always knew my family would support me through anything because they always have.

Work has been a pleasant surprise though. I've always enjoyed my job and got on with the people I work with, which is good luck in itself - but I never really thought I'd find myself in this position and it's been such a relief to find them to be concerned, respectful of my privacy, keen to do anything they can to make things easier for me, and insistent all the way up the hierarchy that I put my health first and don't let work add anything to my stress. They're all about me being in charge of who knows what and taking whatever time or adjustments I need to get better.

I work for a huge company in a fast-paced industry, you hear such horror stories from some businesses about how employers treat people when they get ill but my experience couldn't really have been better.
That is brilliant to hear!

It is not as common a story as it should be but I do think the tide may be turning in corporate culture now and we will hopefully see your experience become the norm rather than the exception.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.