General / Mental Health Support Thread

This week, a 19-year-old boy will be buried in Røros church.

Peder Angel Lundquist Langen has for many years been an actor on the Elden stage, in recent years as Captain Mentzonius.

The local community is in shock and grief. He chose to take his own life two weeks ago after a terrible bullying incident.
The family has been open on social media about the tragic death.
The house has been lit with a green light in the evenings – Peder Angel's favorite colour.
The family has chosen a green coffin and asks the mourners to come in colorful or green clothes on Friday.

Why do we write about this in Elden?

Because we know that Elden was his refuge - a place where he could experience mastery and security. A place where he wasn't bullied. Here he had the opportunity to develop further in performing arts together with other voluntary actors and not least professional actors.

He should actually have started higher education in theater and singing in the autumn. He had told us that. The young man's voice was already noticed when he was a child, and he took lessons in singing at the music school here in Røros. He was what we call a rare natural talent.

His ability to see others and do others good was also one of his many strong qualities. A quality he shared with the rest of his fine musical family.

Peder Angel's family does not want flowers in the church. Rather, they want people to contribute funds to "Peder Angel's Memorial Fund for young musicians and actors". There, young talents can apply for support for either education or relevant courses. The family wants the distribution to take place under Elden.

Stiftelsen Elden therefore does not give flowers on Friday. We give NOK 10,000 to the fund.
You can also contribute if you want:

Account number 4280.50.46249
Vipps 95 732 165

This year's Elden will be a different Elden - without Peder on stage. Without his smile and the splendor of his voice. We will never forget you Peder Angel . Never.

If you need to talk to someone, you can contact www.kirkens-sos.no or the helpline 116 123.

It can be genetic. My grandad and dad died of bowel cancer so it inevitably came down the male line after me.

Whilst they didn’t tell me to, I’ve converted to vegetarianism to ensure I eat properly. I’m on my own and would never bother making food etc. Now I do.

I’m a big believer of healthy body healthy mind.
I'm not a vegetarian or anything like that. I could easily become one though. Some of the best food I've had recently has been vegetarian food, (from Gousto).

I want to pay my respects to Seb, Kaz7 and others for sharing such personal experiences. I personally don't suffer from mental health issues. I get nervous when City play Liverpool, when I used to have job interviews, when speaking in public, but that's just natural.

Maybe it's because I have a strong personal faith, that I don't suffer like others, but I don't think that's all of it, because I know people who share my faith that do suffer from mental health problems.

Respect also to those willing to freely offer support and advice. The world would be a much better place if more people showed compassion and love.

@Paladin Vegan Shack just off Piccadilly Gardens the other week was splendid.

I treated myself to an iced doughnut from Lidl last Saturday and my mouth was having a party afterwards. When I eat my cheese salad brown rolls (muffin / barm) or a really good tomato and basil sauce with wholewheat pasta then I feel so much cleaner inside.

Whilst people can eat whatever they wish, vegetarianism has worked for me.

@Paladin Vegan Shack just off Piccadilly Gardens the other week was splendid.

I treated myself to an iced doughnut from Lidl last Saturday and my mouth was having a party afterwards. When I eat my cheese salad brown rolls (muffin / barm) or a really good tomato and basil sauce with wholewheat pasta then I feel so much cleaner inside.

Whilst people can eat whatever they wish, vegetarianism has worked for me.

Same for me. Been veggie for about 5 years and would never go back, improved my energy levels, sleep and general wellbeing massively. Never a boring meal either, so much variation.

I do think meat can be part of a healthy diet if you choose, I just think we eat too much of it

A potentially preventable tragedy. And, horrifically, an all-too-frequent occurrence these days.

He shouldn’t have to be memorialised and honoured. He should be alive, preparing to honour his own dreams at uni.

If anyone is experiencing suicidal ideation please contact a relevant resource (based on location) at the link below.

I am also available via PM to chat. I have struggled with similar thoughts at various points in my life and know how hard it can be to break free from them, even for a short time. I am available to listen without judgment, validate your very real inherent value as a human being, and provide general support as I am able.

We are here for each other.

Suicide most likely, he was quite open about his mental health issues and had attempted suicide previously.

That's pretty much the last thing he posted on the band's Facebook, too :(

It’s funny how NPR and Metal Hammer intentionally ignore mentioning us when covering this new band The Hu and the similar bands before them like we never started the Mongolian Metal sound TEN years ago. Apparently The Hu’s PR did a great job at wiping us out of this music history influence and claim it their first invention. Good job lads. Good for youth success. History will remember one day Rock on.

When i did hear about Nature suicide i did not belive it, feeling that Tengger Cavalry was on the rise and Nature was a very very giftet musician that not many people know of. Hits me everytime til this day that Nature is gone, he lives thru is music much with Morin Khuur.

Last edited:

When i did hear about Nature suicide i did not belive it, feeling that Tengger Cavalry was on the rise and Nature was a very very giften musician that not many people know of.

A good mate is in an up-and-coming band here in the states (and elsewhere, as he also has ties to Europe—we met on our companies “international” futsal team when I could still play) and is mates with many other musicians that have been coming up around the same time, as he often played and toured with many of them.

He was fairly good friends with Scott Hutchinson, the front man for Frightened Rabbit, and was in Edinburgh (though not with him) trying to call Hutchinson after seeing his very troubling tweets when another member of the band called him and told him what had happened.

They were the same age and the tragedy put him and many others (including obviously FR) in a dark place for quite awhile. Suicide impacts so many.

My other half had bit of break down today in work re stress. Her father had 2 falls in last 4 days currently in A&E with suspected broken ribs. I was on works night out and 6 pints of Guinness deep but need to go and sit with him. I'm strong I'm strong I'm strong

My other half had bit of break down today in work re stress. Her father had 2 falls in last 4 days currently in A&E with suspected broken ribs. I was on works night out and 6 pints of Guinness deep but need to go and sit with him. I'm strong I'm strong I'm strong
You'll be alright, mate. Just take it slow and ask for some water when you arrive. You are a good man for going to sit with him. This is what people will remember of you, so be proud of that, no matter how taxing the situation may be.

You'll be alright, mate. Just take it slow and ask for some water when you arrive. You are a good man for going to sit with him. This is what people will remember of you, so be proud of that, no matter how taxing the situation may be.
Thanks mate, currently sitting with him, and old woman who's 90 no family and not sure why she's here, a drunk who's been sick 3 times and some guy with police who says his dad stabbed him (he's got hand bandaged and blood running out of it)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.