General / Mental Health Support Thread

I have spoken to fairly large audiences a number of times.

What specifically are you anxious about?

I'm not particularly fussed about the content. It's just when I stand in front of an audience I can feel myself getting worked up.

Can feel a pulse in my throat, heart rate goes through the roof, voice shakes, blushing etc.

I have a public speaking event in Feb next year and have high, high anxiety about it. I can't stand getting up in front of people and speaking (despite being confident in everyday life/with my job that requires it) to a large audience.

I am assuming it's a common thing to those on here too? If so, when you needed to do a speech of some sort, how did you 'get over it' and be confident?

Cheers.

I'm not particularly fussed about the content. It's just when I stand in front of an audience I can feel myself getting worked up.

Can feel a pulse in my throat, heart rate goes through the roof, voice shakes, blushing etc.
I wouldn't put this as a mental health issue. You're just creating more anxiety by placing the stigma on it. It's totallly normal to have nervous, it's not freaking out outside a Taylor Swift concert.

Four months is far enough away that you could speak with a coach to sort this out.

Check out "anchoring". There are various techniques you can use to feel more at ease.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.