General / Mental Health Support Thread

Really struggling with my anxiety at moment. Every meeting/conversation with boss turns into argument. Even when I go into team meeting thinking no not today not saying anything he still knows what button to push.

Last one was about doing Windows 11 training in my own time and I refused (I work in an IT Helpdesk). He said it's expected in our industry. I replied I go into office 3 days a week, leaving home at 6.45 and home 12 hours later. By time I've eaten last thing I'm doing is turning on PC to do some training. 1 of the days I work from home I go to visit my father in law in his flat (he's 89 and lives on his own) or I go to visit mother in law in care home (she's got Parkinson's dementia). Leaves me one free night a week. At weekend one day we do father in law's shopping in morning, have lunch then visit the mother until early evening. Leaving me one free day when I try to do something with other half. A colleague who only works 2 days a week sided with him how she's doing loads of courses in her own time.

Today's team meeting going through open tickets. He looks at mine and asked what's happening with it. I explained going to start sorting it tomorrow. He replied good that's a quick win and I replied it's not really a quick win. It's to set up a network printer, get it working, arrange transport to another site. Once delivered go there and set it up. Got to get network details from network team, wait on them opening the network port, set up, test, box it up, take to our post room, liaise with post man, van driver and guy at other end re transport. Once delivered half a day there setting it up (including travel).

All details are in the ticket and he went through them. I replied yea and to me it's not a quick win, a quick win might be a 10/15 minute job and you've just read out exactly what I said which is almost a day's work including visiting another site.

My anxiety through roof now and hate work. I'm 62 so too old to look for anything else. Used to love my work really enjoyed it (even the bad days)

Really struggling with my anxiety at moment. Every meeting/conversation with boss turns into argument. Even when I go into team meeting thinking no not today not saying anything he still knows what button to push.

Last one was about doing Windows 11 training in my own time and I refused (I work in an IT Helpdesk). He said it's expected in our industry. I replied I go into office 3 days a week, leaving home at 6.45 and home 12 hours later. By time I've eaten last thing I'm doing is turning on PC to do some training. 1 of the days I work from home I go to visit my father in law in his flat (he's 89 and lives on his own) or I go to visit mother in law in care home (she's got Parkinson's dementia). Leaves me one free night a week. At weekend one day we do father in law's shopping in morning, have lunch then visit the mother until early evening. Leaving me one free day when I try to do something with other half. A colleague who only works 2 days a week sided with him how she's doing loads of courses in her own time.

Today's team meeting going through open tickets. He looks at mine and asked what's happening with it. I explained going to start sorting it tomorrow. He replied good that's a quick win and I replied it's not really a quick win. It's to set up a network printer, get it working, arrange transport to another site. Once delivered go there and set it up. Got to get network details from network team, wait on them opening the network port, set up, test, box it up, take to our post room, liaise with post man, van driver and guy at other end re transport. Once delivered half a day there setting it up (including travel).

All details are in the ticket and he went through them. I replied yea and to me it's not a quick win, a quick win might be a 10/15 minute job and you've just read out exactly what I said which is almost a day's work including visiting another site.

My anxiety through roof now and hate work. I'm 62 so too old to look for anything else. Used to love my work really enjoyed it (even the bad days)

Speak to your GP, dont play down any of what you are feeling and get signed off for the rest of your working life. Fuck em mate you've done enough. Just reading your post is enough for me to see you probably do more than 99% of your colleagues.

Speak to your GP, dont play down any of what you are feeling and get signed off for the rest of your working life. Fuck em mate you've done enough. Just reading your post is enough for me to see you probably do more than 99% of your colleagues.
Thanks mate, funnily enough there is a report produced daily of all tickets closed in last 30 days for all managers to see. I'm usually sitting up around 500. Been on leave for a week and currently sitting at 291. Nearest colleague sitting on 106 and next 60 down as low as someone as 26. There are 8 on the team and I've been there the longest at almost 17 years. New manager just under 2

If they want you to do training, they should pay for it and arrange for it to be during your normal work hours. Sounds like you're being micromanaged, which is always going to cause anxiety. Hope it eases off soon.

Reactions: ob
If they want you to do training, they should pay for it and arrange for it to be during your normal work hours. Sounds like you're being micromanaged, which is always going to cause anxiety. Hope it eases off soon.
Thanks, I did have meeting with him few months ago and told him that and my feelings but think it's got worse since then. Can't go to HR as someone already did about how he treats them and HR just dismissed it. It was only girl in team and he was bullying her so I called him out on it and she went to HR

I put time in my calendar today to take a look at some courses and an hour on Thursday to start training during work hours

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.