General transfer rumours

Really?
We paid £32mill pounds for him. At the time the exchange rate for the £ was 1.4 euros thus we paid 45 mill euros for him.
I make the 15 mill euro offer for him 1/3 of what we paid for him. Maths is not my best but is that not a 300% devaluation??
No. It's a 66% devaluation. (45m less 66% is 15.3m). If we'd bought him for 15m and sold him for 45m it'd be a 300% increase though so your maths was sound, just the wrong way around. (It's impossible for something to devalue more than 100% unless we pay a club to take him).

He was also here two years not one.

Sergio is a bit of a strange one for me where his statistics hide his performance s like last season something like half his goals came in 5 matches or something ,he's been part of the gang of if they can walk would play of hart,kompany,yaya and Silva
I would say 3 of those have had their status stripped away and Silva is in there at the moment as ilkay isn't fit yet I don't think he's a nailed on starer and pep won't play him injured for a season like last season.
Kun is in a position of power as he could easily get a move anytime he wants the others all have reasons they are not as in demand.
I don't think pep will put up with kun's overall effort as all ready he has been woeful against Sunderland and others that went say he wasn't so much better against stoke ,yet his stats of 6 goals say he's on fire.
Wonder if pep will see it that way ?
I wouldn't be surprised if pep and kun don't have a heated debate some time this season and kun spends a bit of time of time benched as pep makes a point of who's boss.
Just my opinion of course
I think you need to go to games more often.

Just my opinion of course.

No. It's a 66% devaluation. (45m less 66% is 15.3m). If we'd bought him for 15m and sold him for 45m it'd be a 300% increase though so your maths was sound, just the wrong way around. (It's impossible for something to devalue more than 100% unless we pay a club to take him).

Fair point.
Still daylight robbery!

I think Pep's comments were given to Sergio when he first sat down with him, it's just resurfaced now and seems like it was said after the Stoke game.

Sergio puts in one of the biggest shifts when we have the ball, his movement is always highlighted and he works the opposition defenders very hard, he's never struck me as lazy he just expends a lot of his energy on parts of the game some people miss. Personally I feel I have noticed an improvement when we are out of possession in the two games so far as well, he was waving players forward to press as he ran in at times but he looked genuinely knackered in some parts of the second half against Stoke. Maybe he shouldn't be expected to do it for 90mins just yet, in fact maybe that's a position that will be rotated a lot especially when Jesus comes so he doesn't have to think about leaving something in the tank, last season it was different. If he gives his all Pep will notice when he's tired and Kelechi is proving more than adequate backup to come on in the second half.

Last edited:
I think you need to go to games more often.

Just my opinion of course.
Pretty much seen all his home games since he came mate.
All I'm saying his stats hide some of the effort he dosnt put in
And it seems from his comments today pep thinks the same mate.
I've only seen him once live this season and he was gash against Sunderland ,but the stats say he's on fire
I also think Pep will get him to play more for the team and play his teammates in instead of running down blind alleys
He should be challenging for the world player of the year if he listen s to what Pep tells him

Technically 100% is the highest number percentages can go. You have to use terminology such as threefold or three times to express the rate/amount of increase.

Technically 100% is the highest number percentages can go. You have to use terminology such as threefold or three times to express the rate/amount of increase.
That's totally and factually incorrect.

I deal in and use percentages greater than 100 every day of my life and it's industry standard with regards to investments.

Here's a little read on a grammar forum

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/56754/is-it-proper-to-state-percentages-greater-than-100

And in common usage here:

http://www.ess.uci.edu/news/reuters201108me

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-trading-after-steve-jobs-s-death-from-cancer

Last edited:
I said to my lad that if we hadn't taken him off when we did, we probably wouldn't have scored that third goal. For one thing Sergio (of last season at least) wouldn't have won the ball back like Kelechi did, and at the end of the move he would have shot (probably into the side netting) rather than pass to Nolito.

I've often criticised Sergio for his work ethic, so I'm really pleased Pep has made note, because if he upped his work ethic, he could be better than Messi, and that is a mouth watering prospect.

Agreed. There was no way Aguero would have got into a position to make those two goals.

I read an article in the MEN just after I originally posted where Pep intimates he wants more from Sergio when he's not got the ball. I think that is what Pelligrini was getting at as well, albeit indirectly, when he said he could become the best player in the world (missing out the - if he applied himself more). In his defence Pep did said he may have been fatigued from the game in Romania, the same as ginger Kev. I thought he looked a bit over weight on Saturday as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.