General Videogame Thread

Took me some time to get into Nioh now ah Level 188 and love it! There is at least another 2 months of play here because I’m one those who wants to get 100% completion.

Anybody got a Switch, we’ve bought one fir our 7 year old daughter, we have just dance 2020, Luigi mansion and mario kart. Does anyone have that fitness thing is it any good?

Never been into flight sims before but looking forward to the new Microsoft one coming out this year. Looks incredible.

"Flight Simulator will feature Asobo's in-house developed game engine, and leverage Bing Maps data, accessing over two petabytes of data from the cloud on demand. Azure AI analyzes map to generate photorealistic 3D models of buildings, trees, terrain, and so on. This allows the simulator to depict most parts of the world in 3D photo-realism, and the other parts in high definition. There will also be realistic physics and weather systems, and utilization of real-world weather data. An example used at E3 2019 was that if it was raining somewhere in real life, it would be raining in-game. Individual clouds will have their own behaviours and they will impact aircraft performance depending on its location within the system. Asobo has created their own flight model engine, allowing thousands of surfaces and 3D forces and moments to be fully simulated. Flight Simulator will populate roads with vehicles, water will flow realistically based on wind direction, grass will have individual grass blades and trees will have individual leaves, creating the illusion of a living world. It will feature over two million cities and towns and more than 40,000 real-world airports."

I fly xplane 11 and finally got round to building a monster rig to do it on. Ryzen 5 3600x and a RTX 2080 super and it's incredible. Can't wait for Microsoft's return as it looks truly next gen in terms of visuals. Meanwhile RDR2 looks simply incredible and plays beautifully as does GTA V.

Consoles have their place but PC gaming on a high end rig is something else.

I fly xplane 11 and finally got round to building a monster rig to do it on. Ryzen 5 3600x and a RTX 2080 super and it's incredible. Can't wait for Microsoft's return as it looks truly next gen in terms of visuals. Meanwhile RDR2 looks simply incredible and plays beautifully as does GTA V.

Consoles have their place but PC gaming on a high end rig is something else.

Two questions. Do you assume the version that comes out on Xbox will be a total compromise? And if you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost for the kind of PC you are talking about?

Two questions. Do you assume the version that comes out on Xbox will be a total compromise? And if you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost for the kind of PC you are talking about?

Graphically the new Xbox one x is next gen so will be a beast but will it match PC specs? Never imo. I spent £750 on my card and there where 2 cards above it, more powerful and o we £1k and £2k respectively and we have the RTX 3000 series due out this year. It just never stops. All in and I built my own system to save money I did £2200 in without breaking a sweat but it's high end and will do me for a long time with only the CPU possibly being upgraded as the Ryzen 4000 chips are out soon. It's crazy money mate. On the new MSFS 2020 it will be both specs and bandwidth that will give the top performance. It's all cloud based, huge amounts of ortho textures being constantly downloaded and they say it will take 50mb's a sec connection to really ramp it up.

Anybody got a Switch, we’ve bought one fir our 7 year old daughter, we have just dance 2020, Luigi mansion and mario kart. Does anyone have that fitness thing is it any good?

got my 7 y.o one for Xmas. Mine craft is decent. He’s just got pokken (fighting game) which is keeping him occupied. Don’t know about the fitness game, he plays beat saber on PS4 vr headset and enjoys that, good workout too.

Graphically the new Xbox one x is next gen so will be a beast but will it match PC specs? Never imo. I spent £750 on my card and there where 2 cards above it, more powerful and o we £1k and £2k respectively and we have the RTX 3000 series due out this year. It just never stops. All in and I built my own system to save money I did £2200 in without breaking a sweat but it's high end and will do me for a long time with only the CPU possibly being upgraded as the Ryzen 4000 chips are out soon. It's crazy money mate. On the new MSFS 2020 it will be both specs and bandwidth that will give the top performance. It's all cloud based, huge amounts of ortho textures being constantly downloaded and they say it will take 50mb's a sec connection to really ramp it up.
Thanks for that. I was hoping that internet speed might be as important as anything with the environment being streamed. Fortunately my broadband is quick - around 170 mbps, so hopefully that will make up a bit for the fact I'll probably end up playing it on an Xbox.

Thanks for that. I was hoping that internet speed might be as important as anything with the environment being streamed. Fortunately my broadband is quick - around 170 mbps, so hopefully that will make up a bit for the fact I'll probably end up playing it on an Xbox.

I've no doubt the Xbox one x experience will be incredible mate. Don't see it running on the current gen of consoles well though if at all.

I've no doubt the Xbox one x experience will be incredible mate. Don't see it running on the current gen of consoles well though if at all.
Microsoft have confirmed Flight Simulator will be available to play on all current Xbox consoles(Xbox one s, xbox one X, Xbox one series X) however there will be graphical downgrades.

This is a good video

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.