General Videogame Thread

That's the biggest complaint most people have with the game that it's too slow and everything to do with movement is very deliberate but I love that about this game.

Rockstar made this game where you absolutely take your time with it. I love the conversation you have with your gang members and other characters as it's actually telling you a story which very few games do now. The level of detail is astonishing and there's nothing better for me than to do a couple of main missions then just ride around the map just doing a bit of fishing or hunting or just bumping into strangers and hearing their stories. Played it on Sunday for 5 hours and did only one main mission!

I get it's not for everyone but as a mature gamer(I'm 44) it's almost perfect for me just to relax and take my time with it

If you just try to rush it or just skip the cut scenes or dialogue then your going to miss most of the game
I think that was my only gripe with it, i just couldnt make enough progress on it to really enjoy it. If i could sink 5 hours a day into it for a few weeks then i know id be totally consumed by it and love it, but having two kids and a wife that frowns on gaming i only get a few hours here and there. I'd spend 2 hours just wandering round on my horse catching animals and skinning them. I'd spend two hours just to get a perfect scene in the moonlight or going over the top of hill to see a distant valley to explore. It really was incredible, but i just made no progress on it so lost interest. One day i will go back to it and enjoy it for what it is.

Heard that the server,'s shit and can take ages to login using rockstar starter. Do you have any issues? Also is it graphics intensive. I have gtx980ti.

I dont play the online mate, just the story so wouldn't know, sorry.

I have a RTX 2080 Super OC and cant have all the sliders on Ultra.

That said i play at 1440P and have a mixture of ultra and high with water and shadows at medium and dont believe the difference is noticeable. Key is to have ultra textures and 16x Anistropic whilst dialing down other, FPS killers.

Not done it myself but some of the in game overlays you can do these days look simply incredible.

I dont play the online mate, just the story so wouldn't know, sorry.

I have a RTX 2080 Super OC and cant have all the sliders on Ultra.

That said i play at 1440P and have a mixture of ultra and high with water and shadows at medium and dont believe the difference is noticeable. Key is to have ultra textures and 16x Anistropic whilst dialing down other, FPS killers.

Not done it myself but some of the in game overlays you can do these days look simply incredible.
Read that you still have to have Internet connection in single player as well, just said its a nightmare login in.

Read that you still have to have Internet connection in single player as well, just said its a nightmare login in.

No issues for me mate other than the usual having to log in via Rockstar/Epic to verify its a legit copy of the game but im straight in with no issue whatsoever.

My tastes over the years has changed though the one constant has been world of Warcraft I’ve sunk so many hours into it, although nowhere near what some people do. I always like to think I want o play the latest COD or battlefield but then I get on and I’m shit, reactions etc are crap, with 6 year olds beating me so I just get frustrated and bin it. This latest craze for last man standing is shit, I run round for 20 mins see no one then get shot. Things like Red Dead, Skyrim, Fallout etc are appealing but for me you have to play every day or forget what you’ve done and have to start again.
My first PC was a Dragon 32 with Chucky Egg but I loved playing on my mates Speccy 48, Manic Miner and jet set willy, then it was consoles SNES, Megadrive, N64, Xobix 360, PS3, PS4, Chuck in an Amiga 500 with speedball2, currently only using my PC for Warcraft now but I’ll no doubt get a next gen PS5 as I can use the 4k disc drive as well.

I'm not a gamer but my 12 year old is so i do bits with him. I found minecraft interesting and COD warzone is ace all the others i'm not drawn in.

I like warzone cos its very hard, its realistically hard. If you dropped into a warzone you would end up dead and that is how it is. If i manage to kill someone its a buzz. Most of the time i'm just fodder for the nerd gamers out there that sink hours into it and i know that but i still get a buzz.

Last edited:
I started playing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order last night. It seems OK so far - I have received mixed reviews from friends and so far it's living up to that. Decent, but mediocre so far.
I started playing it after christmas for a week then my playstion picked up dust until a few weeks ago, got a lot more into it second time. Its not great but worth completing more like Tomb Raider than Battelfront.

I started playing it after christmas for a week then my playstion picked up dust until a few weeks ago, got a lot more into it second time. Its not great but worth completing more like Tomb Raider than Battelfront.

Speaking of which, is there a way to clean out the dust without taking the PS4 apart with a screw? I've watched a few how-to tutorials and they all show the same method. My console sounds like a plane taking off at Heathrow every time I start playing - almost to the point where I can barely hear what the characters are saying to each other unless I put to the volume up really high.

I'm not a gamer but my 12 year old is so i do bits with him. I found minecraft interesting and COD warzone is ace all the others i'm not drawn in.

I like warzone cos its very hard, its realistically hard. If you dropped into a warzone you would end up dead and that is how it is. If i manage to kill someone its a buzz. Most of the time i'm just fodder for the nerd gamers out there that sink hours into it and i know that but i still get a buzz.
Warzone is just so frustrating. Either drop in to the midst of the battle and dead within seconds or land outside the zone and spend 10/15 minutes wandering round, looting etc and then die whenever i first encounter someone. I actually really enjoy the multiplayer games, especially deathmatch and kill confirmed. All good fun, fast paced and you revive once dead so get a good go at it. When i started id be getting 1 or 2 kills, now regularly up to 10 /11 kills so slowly improving. Its bloody hard though.

Speaking of which, is there a way to clean out the dust without taking the PS4 apart with a screw? I've watched a few how-to tutorials and they all show the same method. My console sounds like a plane taking off at Heathrow every time I start playing - almost to the point where I can barely hear what the characters are saying to each other unless I put to the volume up really high.
Same problem here mate but im absolutely shite at everything and dont fancy my chances of not breaking it. Good luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.