General Videogame Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by blue banks, 31 Mar 2016.

1. shevtheblue

shevtheblue

Probably around £1500, i think i could source and build a pretty decent spec PC for that.
    I suppose demand has gone up as people can't do fuck all else than play games, then you got nobs like me who couldn't be arsed PC gaming usually, who have some spare time now..

2. Scottyboi

Scottyboi

Yeah will get a decent pc for that, I'm still using a 980ti so this next jump will be huge for me only issue is I've just bought a 1080p 180hz monitor of I get a 2080ti I'd need want a 4k monitor.

I'm just going to get a parts list and buy the parts over time I think.

3. shevtheblue

shevtheblue

Same here, i bought a widescreen 1080p widescreen LG monitor with 75hz but it was mainly for doing work on. I'd def need to upgrade the monitor or its pointless getting a 2080.

If you can slowly upgrade what you have without severe bottlenecks then that might be the way to go. You can use CCL on eBay and use that PayPal 12 months credit option i mentioned though..

Nvidia are using a new GPU called RTX T10-8 on the GeForce Now service, it operates at about 5% less than the 2080ti. I ran the Ghostrunner demo with RTX on and it was pretty amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. CODS WW2 is already available for free for ps+ subscribers. Anyone know if it's any good? never played it.

5. Vicious111

Vicious111

Whatever you do, avoid buying a NZXT case. The case itself is ok, quite enclosed and tricky to work with. But the CAM software used to light the case LED's is an abomination.

My system and case worked fine until I turned it on next time round and it literally ground to a standstill. Thought my CPU had broken until I finally managed to stop the program from starting, then removing it. Apparently it's been an issue for over 3 years that still has not been fixed. In my opinion, it shouldn't be allowed to sell until fixed.

6. Crouchinho

Crouchinho

Team supported:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Ms Pacman
    Nodes Of Yesod
    Sensible Soccer
    Monkey Island 2
    Lotus 3
    Tomb Raider
    Olympic Soccer
    LMA Manager
    Gran Turismo
    Halo Combat Evolved
    PubG

7. Gorton_Tubster

Gorton_Tubster

Olympic Soccer reminded me of Daley Thompsn Decathlon, the things I could do with a joystick!

Crouchinho likes this.
  8. Scottyboi

Scottyboi

I've just used part picker and made a 3 grand pc, now I've adjusted a few parts I've got it down to 2050 and that's with a 2080ti and a ryzen 3900x!

9. shevtheblue

shevtheblue

I don't really care about light's in the case tbh, i'm gonna go as simple as possible and concentrate on access and airflow..

10. shevtheblue

shevtheblue

I think the 2080ti comes in at nearly 1500, so that might be why :D:D
    Maybe if you're not in a rush, wait for the 3000's to come out and hope the price goes down a bit? I suppose after this is all done, we might get some good deals with people trying to sell as well.