General Videogame Thread

Like to thank those that recommended Red Dead 2, yes it’s a bit slow at the start but it has a fantastic story and stunning graphics
Glad your enjoying it. Like I said it does start slow but just take your time with it and you'll have a fantastic time with it.

No spoilers but a couple of tips. Read Arthur's dairy (you'll get a prompt from the game saying there's a new entry) and when your walking around camp talk to the other gang members. That'll explain the relationships between the gang members and really enhances the story.

Yeah it's a stunning looking game. The attention to detail is astonishing. Here's something most people don't know but when Arthur is reloading his gun if you pan the camera to his face you'll see Arthur's lips move but there's no sound. What he's doing is silently counting the bullets going into his gun! It's that attention to detail which I find incredible.

Here's something most people don't know but when Arthur is reloading his gun if you pan the camera to his face you'll see Arthur's lips move but there's no sound. What he's doing is silently counting the bullets going into his gun! It's that attention to detail which I find incredible.

I have 100% the game and I didn't know that!!!

I have 100% the game and I didn't know that!!!

Want some more? Go on then.

If you try to get on Dutch's horse it will instantly throw you off.

If you don't clean your horse and take the saddle off you can actually see the dirt lines on the horse.

Want to get rid of a body fast. put the body on your horse and take it to the nearest pig pen and throw it in there and watch the pigs destroy the evidence by eating the body.

If your hat gets shot off during a gunfight and you put it back on you will see the bullet holes in your hat for the rest of the game

Want some more? Go on then.

If you try to get on Dutch's horse it will instantly throw you off.

If you don't clean your horse and take the saddle off you can actually see the dirt lines on the horse.

Want to get rid of a body fast. put the body on your horse and take it to the nearest pig pen and throw it in there and watch the pigs destroy the evidence by eating the body.

If your hat gets shot off during a gunfight and you put it back on you will see the bullet holes in your hat for the rest of the game
Don't forget the one that corpses rot in real time. They just went all out, didn't they!

What are the games that have make up your life or have the ones that have taken up way too much time in your life. For me its probably

Dungeon Master
Elite on 8bit
Kick Off
Half Life 1 and 2 (Especially online)
Civilization
WoT
7 Days
Factorio

does anyone here play any online PC gaming?
Asteroids-- Early 80s, loved that game,used to get top scores wherever I went,I even found a retro game site online with it on about 10 years ago.After a few days getting back into it I rocked the sites top score by double, about 15 million if I remember corectly,had my comp running for 4 days to do that,even then it wasnt game over, think comp crashed or I shut down by accident.
Mariokart,goldeneye--mainly with the kids on N64,did the whole screen splitter thing, fantastic fun,and endless play with time trials etc.That console had some superbly playable titles and was my last console before switch to pc.
Age of Empires franchise--this game was the first on PC to really capture my imagination.Ended up playing a lot online at rook/grook level and found a decent bunch to play against.My son was a top top player and could get games with the worlds best on both 2 and 3.
Fallout New Vegas----my first taste of that franchise as three would not play on my pc,cracking game.
CoD,MW3--my button mashing days ended long ago but found some really good crouch only servers online and had some brilliant fun,dont know why but its the only CoD I have played.
Fallout 4--my most hours in a game according to my steam library and I have nowhere near completed it!! I spend my time building settlements,with no mods,on survival mode,and always permadeath(one life only),that makes you so careful and adds a sense of danger that raises the game a level imo. I make my own story as the game can be a brilliant post apocalyptic survival challenge if you ignore the story.One day I will complete it as it drives my son mad that I havent.
Banished--colonnial sim city developed by a single person apparently,and plenty of mods to go at, I love it.
The Long Dark---Sadly I havent seen this one mentioned on this thread, bought this in development in about 2015 and they are still releasing new content now!! Totally ruthless survival in post apocalytic Canada,charming graphics and thought provoking gameplay.Slow moving I suppose, but it does grip you to want to survive at any cost especially as you have one life only and a wrong decision/mistake will kill you.Also, there is no objective other than to stay alive,and the only ending is your death,I keep going back to it and it never dissapoints , its been my goto game during lockdown.
There have been countless other games and I have Witcher3 and Kingdom Come ready to play on my steam account,plus money in my steamwallet waiting for the right game.So glad that I embraced computer gaming,its been great fun over the years and even now I really enjoy it and I have only sampled a small percentage of games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.