General Videogame Thread

Re-started playing RDR2 after playing it to death when it first came out. Funny how you become rubbish and forget how to play a game over time. Im absolutely useles again and have to re-learn everything from scratch. Cant even remember my way around the map. Absolute classic game though.

Re-started playing RDR2 after playing it to death when it first came out. Funny how you become rubbish and forget how to play a game over time. Im absolutely useles again and have to re-learn everything from scratch. Cant even remember my way around the map. Absolute classic game though.
Muscle memory always amazes me.

Slightly jealous. I can't replay games like that again for the exact opposite reason - it all sticks in my head! I can remember the map and where everything is as clear as day right now and i've not touched it since it came out. Swear this isn't a brag ha. I'm just genuinely jealous! I'd love to replay it but it all feels so familiar.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned on here yet(in the GPU market sense) but I was reading about China's crackdown on bitcoin mining.

https://www.wired.com/story/china-bitcoin-mining-exodus/
Business-China-Bitcoin-934468608.jpg

There was a video on the article I first read but I can't seem to find it again. However, the picture above is from that video. Notice the Skyjack, necessary for the many levels stacked ontop of each other. This quote had me even more annoyed:

“This is the stock for you. It hasn’t even started mining bitcoin.”

No wonder nobody could get a decent price on a GPU for years, that was the first thought I had on seeing the scale of it. Not even using them yet either...

I'm still not getting my hopes up too much but there might be some good news for PC gamers on the horizon(and me with my ageing R9 280) :

Now that China has all but banned cryptocurrencies, GPU prices are falling like Bitcoin

We could start seeing a trickle down effect of prices falling in the UK:
GPU price trend chart

Then again, someone else might fill the void left by the Chinese exodus and prices go back up again.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned on here yet(in the GPU market sense) but I was reading about China's crackdown on bitcoin mining.

There was a video on the article I first read but I can't seem to find it again. However, the picture above is from that video. Notice the Skyjack, necessary for the many levels stacked ontop of each other. This quote had me even more annoyed:

No wonder nobody could get a decent price on a GPU for years, that was the first thought I had on seeing the scale of it. Not even using them yet either...

I'm still not getting my hopes up too much but there might be some good news for PC gamers on the horizon(and me with my ageing R9 280) :

Now that China has all but banned cryptocurrencies, GPU prices are falling like Bitcoin

GPU price trend chart

Then again, someone else might fill the void left by the Chinese exodus and prices go back up again.
This is interesting, the companies themselves were blaming the pandemic for the lack of supply and increase of prices but that picture says it all.

The manufacturers won't care but the businesses who build and sell good hardware have suffered during the last 18 months with this, I would assume lots would have splashed out on new kit or an upgrade while we were locked in to find it impossible to do so.

I'm about 30% into A Plague Tale since they put it for free on PSN, it's ok. Been some glitches and it's a bit repetitive in some bits.

Black Ops 4 was another freebie, i tried the multiplayer and just found the use of robots and stuff really annoying.

This is interesting, the companies themselves were blaming the pandemic for the lack of supply and increase of prices but that picture says it all.

The manufacturers won't care but the businesses who build and sell good hardware have suffered during the last 18 months with this, I would assume lots would have splashed out on new kit or an upgrade while we were locked in to find it impossible to do so.

Its a bit from both columns, a bunch of bigger companies ( Apple etc ) horded a load of silicon too just in case.

NVidia have said recently they are going to add hardware blockers to there chips so that they only run at half speed for coin mining. Hopefully that will help stop this.

GPU price trend chart

Thought bitcoin used ASIC miners and it was Ethereum that you mine with GPU. Go in Facebook market place it's full of cunts selling gpus at 300 over RRP. They use bots to buy up any stock and then resell, scumbags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.