General Videogame Thread

Rollerdrome out now and it’s so much fun. Definitely check it out. Fantastic indie game and I’d expect to see it on game of the year lists when all’s said and done. And available for £16.49 on Steam until 30th August :)

Anyone else got a Steam Deck yet? Or is waiting for one? I’ve had mine about 3 weeks now and it’s a total game changer for me. Don’t have a lot of time to play games with having a nearly 3 year old, plus work of course, so I found that I could never be bothered booting my pc up to actually play once my lad was asleep. It meant being in a different room, being antisocial etc. But now, I can be in the living room and gaming is always an arms length away. There’s something about being in the same room as people, even if you’re doing your own thing, that just makes it more acceptable and enjoyable. And it’s literally one click of the power button and you’re immediately in your game right where you left it. Commuting to work? My entire PC game library can be with me at all times. I was playing God of War this week on the train into Victoria Station. It’s bonkers. Lunch break at work? Eat fast and get more gaming in. When you have a gaming addiction, but adult life and responsibility kind of kills it as a viable hobby, the Steam Deck is proving to be the solution. Loving it!

Anyone else got a Steam Deck yet? Or is waiting for one? I’ve had mine about 3 weeks now and it’s a total game changer for me. Don’t have a lot of time to play games with having a nearly 3 year old, plus work of course, so I found that I could never be bothered booting my pc up to actually play once my lad was asleep. It meant being in a different room, being antisocial etc. But now, I can be in the living room and gaming is always an arms length away. There’s something about being in the same room as people, even if you’re doing your own thing, that just makes it more acceptable and enjoyable. And it’s literally one click of the power button and you’re immediately in your game right where you left it. Commuting to work? My entire PC game library can be with me at all times. I was playing God of War this week on the train into Victoria Station. It’s bonkers. Lunch break at work? Eat fast and get more gaming in. When you have a gaming addiction, but adult life and responsibility kind of kills it as a viable hobby, the Steam Deck is proving to be the solution. Loving it!
I had a Android tablet a few years back. Samsung Galaxy S 8.4, with a decent 2560 x 1600 pixels display. I used Splashtop to mirror the PC to it. It was great. With a separate desktop for that resolution, I got low latency, touchscreen to mouse, full audio, perfect results over wifi (never tried it over the net, not in the free version of Splashtop). Can't nearly afford a Steam deck, but yeah, it was a great experience for the £100 odd quid the tablet cost. Suprised more people weren't doing it.

Massive Fallout fan thought i would give Cyberpunk a whirl whilst it is on offer. By the fuckin rod it is daunting. Does the learning curve level out or am i going to have to dump it, i'm close to senile and it seems like there is just too much to get my head around?
How did you do with it? Iv been playing it for a few hours and after sitting around for what seems like ages just watching cut scenes and pressing the right button at the right time at the right thing I am getting a little bored of it. I just want to play it and learn it but there seems to be a lot of gimmick-padding.

Did you stick with it, was it good, why, what was good about it? I am losing the will. Just been sat here for half an hour watching what amounts to a movie.

How did you do with it? Iv been playing it for a few hours and after sitting around for what seems like ages just watching cut scenes and pressing the right button at the right time at the right thing I am getting a little bored of it. I just want to play it and learn it but there seems to be a lot of gimmick-padding.

Did you stick with it, was it good, why, what was good about it? I am losing the will. Just been sat here for half an hour watching what amounts to a movie.
never went back to it mate

Anyone bought the new Modern Warfare 2 yet? I know its going to be the same as the last one, but i couldn't help myself. Had to decide whether to get it on the PS5 or the PC, ended up getting it on the PC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.