General Videogame Thread

Platinumed Stray after finally getting the speed run trophy on the 3rd run, on to the next. Have to say I'm tempted by Marvel's Midnight Suns despite not being a fan of superheroes or card games particularly, but no way I'm paying £40-50 for a game.

Decided to go back to Stellaris . Made a rookie mistake early on, absorbed the neighbouring race into my empire only to realise they border a machine intelligence hell bent on eradicating all organic life, and another machine gestalt that want to absorb everything into their own mind. Plus they hadn't secured their hyper lanes.

Now trying to find out if the two machine races know each other and it becomes a choice between going to war with the hostile machines or subjugation by the other.

Last edited:
Hi-Fi RUSH both announced yesterday and then released a few hours later…. and it’s actually amazing. It’s a rhythm-based action adventure game and it’s so much fun. And on Game Pass.

Goldeneye out tomorrow on switch. Never played it so looking forward to see what the fuss was all about.
Curently playing The Quarry. An interactive horror game from the makers of Until Dawn which I absolutely loved.

Goldeneye out tomorrow on switch. Never played it so looking forward to see what the fuss was all about.
Curently playing The Quarry. An interactive horror game from the makers of Until Dawn which I absolutely loved.
Back in the day it was brilliant, they haven’t updated the graphics so from what I’ve seen if you can’t get on with that then you won’t like it, the gameplay was brilliant but there’s no multiplayer I believe on anything but Switch

It'll probably look and play dated now but you cannot underestimate how influential and revolutionary this game was.

It gave birth to competitive multiplayer shooters on console ( just like Quake did the year before on PC)

The N64 was the first console you could attach 4 controllers to and I have fond memories of going round to my mates and playing 4 player death match which was fantastic. No one was allowed to pick Oddjob as he was overpowered as fuck with his bowler hat!!

For me it was the king of multiplayer shooters until Halo in 2001 when I went to LAN parties and 16 player team death match

It'll probably look and play dated now but you cannot underestimate how influential and revolutionary this game was.

It gave birth to competitive multiplayer shooters on console ( just like Quake did the year before on PC)

The N64 was the first console you could attach 4 controllers to and I have fond memories of going round to my mates and playing 4 player death match which was fantastic. No one was allowed to pick Oddjob as he was overpowered as fuck with his bowler hat!!

For me it was the king of multiplayer shooters until Halo in 2001 when I went to LAN parties and 16 player team death match

Agree with this, that and mario kart on the n64 were probably my most enjoyable ever multiplayer experiences on console.

I’m very happy my ten year old daughter was adamant the only pressie she really wanted for Christmas was a switch - I think I might be using it more than her the next few months!

Agree with this, that and mario kart on the n64 were probably my most enjoyable ever multiplayer experiences on console.

I’m very happy my ten year old daughter was adamant the only pressie she really wanted for Christmas was a switch - I think I might be using it more than her the next few months!
My mate bought a Japanese import of an N64 around 7 months before the European release.

He spent nearly £1K on the console, power converter controllers and Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64.

First time he booted it up with Mario 64 there was about ten of us in his house. After 5 minutes of playing Mario we were are gobsmacked at the graphics and gameplay. This was the future of gaming and we knew it

Most of those games blend into one and all look the same. Its an hour so only watched about 20 mins so far. Which 2/3 did you like the look of?

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Assassin's Creed Mirage

Lies of P

Was excited by Starfield but looking at the game play it looks like No mans Sky

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.