General Videogame Thread

Anyone on here played DayZ ? I like the concept of survival games but I dont think i have the time for this.
Not played dayz, but if you like the concept of survival games then give The Long Dark a try. Its not a shoot em up and there are no "enemies" as such, just you and mother nature inc wolves/bears. Its 5/6 years old now but still getting new content,its cheap too, and the game has just one end for each playthrough, your death, the only aim is to survive, and believe me, if you take to it you will want to your charachter to survive. Theres a lot of crafting to upgrade your gear and killing/cooking a dear can be more satisfying/important than killing the hardest "boss" on other games. Its easy to pick up and put down too, I often come back to it after a break, and it never dissapoints,the lack of button mashing fighting etc means that its not for everyone though.

Toying with the idea of playing Elder Scrolls online as I've been told it has improved tremendously over time. Not a fan of games that sell in-game items for cash.

Anyone playing it that can recommend?

I started playing this about 3 weeks ago and loving it. I did take out a subscription so an ESO plus member as the crafting bag with unlimited crafting material storage helps. You do get monthly crowns for store items but I have not had the need to buy any items to enjoy the game. Stories are exceptional and it’s huge in game.

tips for new players.
loot loot and loot. Harvest every crafting material you find.
when you can learn all crafting certificates. I only concentrate on 1 but took all 6. This means I can do daily crafting writs that takes 10 mins max and gets you around 300 gold per write daily. This helps u increase your mount speed by 1% a day for 250 gold at a stable.
avoid in game merchants for gear. Overpriced and at level 25 I’ve looted or crafted my gear.
loads of online tutorials for all aspects of the game I found handy.
start researching as soon as you can. You can deconstruct items for crafting experience but items that has a magnifying glass icon, u can research the traits for improved crafting.

A total war saga - Troy is free at the epic store launcher for 24 hours.
Brand new game, released today!

A total war saga - Troy is free at the epic store launcher for 24 hours.
Brand new game, released today!
Thanks for the heads up, I now have this in my library but cannot work out how to start the game to confirm the download?...any ideas?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.