General Videogame Thread

CD Projekt has told investors it "can't say with full certainty" that its highly anticipated CyberPunk 2077 and Witcher 3 next-gen updates will launch this year, despite the developer insisting it's still aiming for a "late 2021" release.

An enhanced edition of The Witcher 3 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S - promising the likes of ray-tracing and faster loader times - was announced last September, while a "proper" next-gen version of CP2077 was touted in June 2020.

Both were initially scheduled for launch this year, but the status of each has been somewhat unclear in light of CP 2077's disastrous launch and the resulting studio reshuffle and revised development roadmap as CD Projekt worked to improve the base game.

Officially, both updates are still scheduled for release in "late 2021", but SVP of business development Michał Nowakowski has now admitted to investors during CD Projekt's H1 2021 results call (as transcribed by VGC) that while the studio is "definitely" still aiming to launch this year, it "can't say with full certainty that the production schedule will not change."

"The target is to release the next-gen version of CP 2077 late this year," explained Nowakowski. "At the same time, keeping in mind the lessons we have learned during the past year and taking into account that this project still remains in development, we can't say with full certainty that the production schedule will not change."

It's a similar story for the The Witcher 3 update - which is being handled externally by Saber Interactive - with Nowakowski noting that development "is ongoing, and we cannot be absolutely dead certain that the release schedule will not change."

CD Projekt has told investors it "can't say with full certainty" that its highly anticipated CyberPunk 2077 and Witcher 3 next-gen updates will launch this year, despite the developer insisting it's still aiming for a "late 2021" release.

An enhanced edition of The Witcher 3 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S - promising the likes of ray-tracing and faster loader times - was announced last September, while a "proper" next-gen version of CP2077 was touted in June 2020.

Both were initially scheduled for launch this year, but the status of each has been somewhat unclear in light of CP 2077's disastrous launch and the resulting studio reshuffle and revised development roadmap as CD Projekt worked to improve the base game.

Officially, both updates are still scheduled for release in "late 2021", but SVP of business development Michał Nowakowski has now admitted to investors during CD Projekt's H1 2021 results call (as transcribed by VGC) that while the studio is "definitely" still aiming to launch this year, it "can't say with full certainty that the production schedule will not change."

"The target is to release the next-gen version of CP 2077 late this year," explained Nowakowski. "At the same time, keeping in mind the lessons we have learned during the past year and taking into account that this project still remains in development, we can't say with full certainty that the production schedule will not change."

It's a similar story for the The Witcher 3 update - which is being handled externally by Saber Interactive - with Nowakowski noting that development "is ongoing, and we cannot be absolutely dead certain that the release schedule will not change."
In all honesty, i think the games so far for the next gen consoles overall have been pretty abysmal. Some ok games that look good like R&C, miles morales etc, but content is pretty thin on the ground and nothing that really blows you away. CP 2077 was the one i was looking forward to before i got my ps5 and i just havent bothered as it looks so bad. All i've really done so far is play ps4 games on the ps5 and thats very disappointing.

Dear PC gaming nerds,

whilst I’ve got a ps5 and I’ll continue to use that in the lounge on a big tv from the comfort of my sofa for platform type games, I’ve decided I also want to join the PC master race.

What would I need to build an ok gaming pc
(ie one that would last me a few years before I couldn’t run the ‘current’ games)? Or are there websites that are geared to answering such stupid questions?
Hey mate, this guy on HUKD is quite good and regularly posts good deals. This one is good and he has built this on Palicomp for under a grand with a 3060ti. He's also got some in the comments for 3080 but they're on back order i think. That would last you a good few years for running current games.

Hey mate, this guy on HUKD is quite good and regularly posts good deals. This one is good and he has built this on Palicomp for under a grand with a 3060ti. He's also got some in the comments for 3080 but they're on back order i think. That would last you a good few years for running current games.
Helps if i add the link, sorry wouldn't let me edit it:

I was so confused for a minute and thought I’d missed something!
Sorry, didn't have my morning espresso so was all fucked up!

To clarify, i'm not an elite race PC gamer but i was going to build one myself so had done all the research. The only thing you would need for this is a Windows install and obviously a good monitor (KBM obviously as well!)

In all honesty, i think the games so far for the next gen consoles overall have been pretty abysmal. Some ok games that look good like R&C, miles morales etc, but content is pretty thin on the ground and nothing that really blows you away. CP 2077 was the one i was looking forward to before i got my ps5 and i just havent bothered as it looks so bad. All i've really done so far is play ps4 games on the ps5 and thats very disappointing.

I've said it before - Gaming peaked with the technology in the PS4 / XBOX One era. The stuff you can do with those consoles covers what 99% of kids want out of gaming. Minecraft / Fortnight / Warzone - it's very difficult to code a game that goes a significant step beyond those games without getting sucked into years of development. The industry has got itself into a bind where jumps in technology were always the driver for people buying new things, harware and games. But the current generation is so advanced it takes too long to build a game and fully de bug everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.