General Videogame Thread

I downloaded The Artful Escape on PS Plus without knowing anything about it and dear God, this is the most immersive gaming experience I've had in many, many years - if not ever!

The gameplay mechanics are bog-standard at best; the character animation likewise. Gameplay itself is largely repetitive. There is basically no challenge to the game at all.

But goodness me, it is fucking stunning. And I don't mean in a technical way. The graphics could be criticised from that point of view, but I would argue that they are, despite this, quite possibly the best visuals in any game I have ever seen.

This is because of the sheer imagination and creativity that has been put into them, rather than pushing the limits of the technology. The environments are detailed and full of incredible textures and colours.

Add in the massive sound (it has a space rock theme) and you feel yourself taken deep inside the mad worlds that are found in the game.

The feelings I get and the overall experience from this are perhaps more akin to tripping than playing a video game. I am totally consumed by it, such that hours go by and I forget where I am. When I finally drag myself away, I feel weird for a while afterwards.

I can't promise that others will share this experience but this is very special for me so far.

Was gonna get an Xbox for starfield and the other Bethesda ganes as I have a ps5 bug gonna get a pc instead .

Considering getting my daughter a Nintendo switch for her birthday, as I know shite all about these things, does anyone have any advice on what to go for?
Is the switch lite just a crap one? Is the oled much different to the normal one? Are they any good when plugged into the telly?
Should I buy new or are second hand ones ok?

Thanks in advance

Considering getting my daughter a Nintendo switch for her birthday, as I know shite all about these things, does anyone have any advice on what to go for?
Is the switch lite just a crap one? Is the oled much different to the normal one? Are they any good when plugged into the telly?

Thanks in advance
The lite one is handheld only, so no TV adapter, personally we enjoy the odd family game of Mario kart / Mario party (4 player) on the TV during the cold miserable winter months, so I'd go for the standard Nintendo switch. I wouldn't bother with the OLED one if it's her first one, it's a nicer screen in handheld mode but costs £60 more. I would put that £60 towards an extra controller to get you up to 4 controller multiplayer.

Thanks in advance

Animal crossing is probably what she wants im guessing

Really not getting the hype for starfield, based on the gameplay released so far that is. Looks basic as.

It was telling it was due to release in Winter and then the head of Xbox goes to visit the studio and it immediately gets delayed the next day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.