Genuine, Genuine Question...

ICT-Tam said:
I absolutely love these threads on bluemoon; thats not me making light of your situation op, we've got some incredible people on here. For what it's worth, i have moments where i think similar thoughts. A year ago I moved to Germany, found a job and i was genuinely happy. I moved home after 7 months for a girl who, to put it nicely, completely fucked me over. I wont bore you all with it. Anyway, I'm currently unemployed and living at home and things are hard, i cant afford to go out with my mates or go to city games. I just survive by doing the simple things; reading, going outside plenty and keeping fit. I'm hoping to move back once I've earned some money over here but things aren't looking good.

I've been very, very lucky in my life Tam. I've made some awful decisions and managed to come out relatively unscathed. I've made some decisions that I thought were going to work and ended up, as you put it. completely fucked over. As matters stand, I've got a fantastic life and I'm going to enjoy it for as long as possible.

I'm guessing you're a relatively young guy, and it sounds like you're intelligent, healthy and you've got your family and friends around you. Compared to some people, you're a very wealthy man.

Try not to dwell on the past, and don't worry about the future - shit will happen, and you will get over it. The important thing is to focus on today... Tomorrow can look after itself.

Just be ready to take that step outside your comfort zone when an opportunity comes along. Whether it's a job, or new friends / girlfriend, or a chance to go back to Germany... Whatever - If you get the chance, just do it.

Things will work out if you really want them to. Just remember - Nothing good ever came easy.

Good luck mate.

Lavinda Past said:
ICT-Tam said:
I absolutely love these threads on bluemoon; thats not me making light of your situation op, we've got some incredible people on here. For what it's worth, i have moments where i think similar thoughts. A year ago I moved to Germany, found a job and i was genuinely happy. I moved home after 7 months for a girl who, to put it nicely, completely fucked me over. I wont bore you all with it. Anyway, I'm currently unemployed and living at home and things are hard, i cant afford to go out with my mates or go to city games. I just survive by doing the simple things; reading, going outside plenty and keeping fit. I'm hoping to move back once I've earned some money over here but things aren't looking good.

I've been very, very lucky in my life Tam. I've made some awful decisions and managed to come out relatively unscathed. I've made some decisions that I thought were going to work and ended up, as you put it. completely fucked over. As matters stand, I've got a fantastic life and I'm going to enjoy it for as long as possible.

I'm guessing you're a relatively young guy, and it sounds like you're intelligent, healthy and you've got your family and friends around you. Compared to some people, you're a very wealthy man.

Try not to dwell on the past, and don't worry about the future - shit will happen, and you will get over it. The important thing is to focus on today... Tomorrow can look after itself.

Just be ready to take that step outside your comfort zone when an opportunity comes along. Whether it's a job, or new friends / girlfriend, or a chance to go back to Germany... Whatever - If you get the chance, just do it.

Things will work out if you really want them to. Just remember - Nothing good ever came easy.

Good luck mate.
Life's hard and well said.

Seosa said:
SkyBlueFlux; stunning post, and it puts my shit into context really.

I suppose I should consider myself lucky, I only got 3 GCSEs as I've said on here before but here I am at Uni.

It's not education that's my problem, though.
If you want to get your head out of it pm me, take my dog out in the hills, drive my car and look like a hairdresser have a play with some eagles I'd pm you but I'm a bit shit if someone hasn't pm'd me first

Lavinda Past said:
ICT-Tam said:

Good luck mate.

Thanks a lot mate, I really appreciate what you're saying and i'll certainly never take the love i get from friends or family for granted. I try my best not to dwell on whats happened, i dont want to hold to a grudge or hate anyone. I feel like that's just baggage. I think i have become a bit secure in my comfort zone and i really am itching to get away and start over. It's a dream of mine to live in Manchester and i think ill give that a right good go. Thanks again.

You are still young enough to make something of your life and there are always somebody worse off than yourself. I am being very serious now but I have slight Brain Damage since birth and I have a mild form of Autism and I am very lucky to be alive. I have City, my Mum and Dad, My Brother his kids and Wife for support but I am very happy with my life :).

andyhinch said:
Seosa said:

I suppose I should consider myself lucky, I only got 3 GCSEs as I've said on here before but here I am at Uni.

If you want to get your head out of it pm me, take my dog out in the hills, drive my car and look like a hairdresser have a play with some eagles I'd pm you but I'm a bit shit if someone hasn't pm'd me first

You're even shitter when somebody does pm you....oh and Seosa, whatever you you don't phone him. your number will be left in gay bars all over the North West.

LittleStan said:
andyhinch said:
Seosa said:

You're even shitter when somebody does pm you....oh and Seosa, whatever you you don't phone him. your number will be left in gay bars all over the North West.
I have to earn a crust, i made you a few quid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.