Genuine, Genuine Question...

I've been avoiding trying to answer the original question, as it's the exact same one I ask myself, from time to time. Haven't got any positive words to say to seosa at the mo, but I know where you are at, fella. The best thing you have done is to share it with us here. Bluemoon can be a strange or hostile place at times, but there's also a deep-lying camaraderie that is a thousand times worth what any medical experts can offer.

Blue Tooth said:
Seosa said:
Toma; A bit, pal. Fragile but better. I am glad I started it tbh, I've always been an upfront person but reading other stories puts mine into context. I'm immensely grateful to everybody because I really didn't want to be seen as attention seeking.

Pom; Another story that makes you think, bud. To give information like that takes guts, and if I did mine it'd make things clearer but I don't have the nerve.

I'm just glad the response was positive.

Seosa. Don't measure your own question/life circumstances against someone else. It can be a way of closing down again.

It can lead to thoughts in your head like "I'm not important enough, other people are worse off than me, what am i moaning about,pull yourself together."
Negative mind talk all of it. Does not help.

The truth is that if you feel shit you feel shit and you have to find the best way to handle your situation. Acceptance is the start. Be real. Be honest. This is where I am.Everyone has to face challenges. The point that you were asking about ...well for me it is learning to live with myself. Nothing out there in the world has damaged me anywhere near as much as the negative shit I told myself in my life. Change that and you can change everything.

We are trying to tell him we (some of us) have been there, and offering advice.
Negative advice? my arse.
I may get a (another) warning, but, fuck off.

Blue Tooth said:
Seosa said:
Toma; A bit, pal. Fragile but better. I am glad I started it tbh, I've always been an upfront person but reading other stories puts mine into context. I'm immensely grateful to everybody because I really didn't want to be seen as attention seeking.

Pom; Another story that makes you think, bud. To give information like that takes guts, and if I did mine it'd make things clearer but I don't have the nerve.

Seosa. Don't measure your own question/life circumstances against someone else. It can be a way of closing down again.

It can lead to thoughts in your head like "I'm not important enough, other people are worse off than me, what am i moaning about,pull yourself together."

The truth is that if you feel shit you feel shit and you have to find the best way to handle your situation. Acceptance is the start. Be real. Be honest. This is where I am.Everyone has to face challenges. The point that you were asking about ...well for me it is learning to live with myself. Nothing out there in the world has damaged me anywhere near as much as the negative shit I told myself in my life. Change that and you can change everything.

i agree with this too

some people might look at my problems earlier and say " is that all??? i've got worse than that and im ok" thats probably true yeah, but thats because they're YOUR problems and these are MINE. you might have the physical and emotional strength to be able to deal with them..i certainly don't

Seosa, whatever the problem no matter how big/small, whatever it is, it's troubling YOU and thats what you need to try and sort out. You've taken the first step by starting this thread, second step in my opinion is just like a few others have said, talk to someone on here that you like/trust and just see what help and advice is given and go from there.
I wish you all the best mate I really do

Lots of touching posts but as Blue Tooth and others have said, we cannot compare ourselves to others.

We cannot really worry that others are worse of than us. If we are feeling down and have no idea why, or we know why but it is not considered "worthy" compared to other stories, how would being told we are lucky make us feel better?

Some things that have helped me.

1. We are the people to make us get better but we will not do it alone.

2. We are certainly not the only people in the world who feel pathetic about asking for help.

3. Our feelings are ours, nobody else can "know" how we feel or why we feel this way, we just do.<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 pm --<br /><br />
racingeye said:
Blue Tooth said:
Seosa said:

i agree with this too

some people might look at my problems earlier and say " is that all??? i've got worse than that and im ok" thats probably true yeah, but thats because they're YOUR problems and these are MINE. you might have the physical and emotional strength to be able to deal with them..i certainly don't

Seosa, whatever the problem no matter how big/small, whatever it is, it's troubling YOU and thats what you need to try and sort out. You've taken the first step by starting this thread, second step in my opinion is just like a few others have said, talk to someone on here that you like/trust and just see what help and advice is given and go from there.
I wish you all the best mate I really do

I should have read your reply first and I could have just typed THIS .

pominoz said:

Think you got the wrong end of the stick there bud.

pominoz said:
Blue Tooth said:
Seosa said:

You have some serious anger management issues.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
pominoz said:
Blue Tooth said:

You have some serious anger management issues.

Really, why?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.