Get Behind Robinho

MCfcBOB said:
Lets jsut say, I'll be happy to eat the humble pie in one gulp if he regains his form.

Fair enough, can't argue with that. I get the feeling however that there are some who would hate for him to do so. We all know that there is a section of City fans that love nothing more than a boo boy. And, hey, the more expensive the boo boy the better!

ElanJo said:
MCfcBOB said:
Lets jsut say, I'll be happy to eat the humble pie in one gulp if he regains his form.

Fair enough, can't argue with that. I get the feeling however that there are some who would hate for him to do so. We all know that there is a section of City fans that love nothing more than a boo boy. And, hey, the more expensive the boo boy the better!

I want everyone in our team to do well, and with Robinho walking around in an aura that is full of skills and stepovers.... I'll be glad to see him be instrumental in 2010. But... Brazlians don't cut it over here...

It will work for him, but not at City. Thats just what I think.

....there are too many media drenched whores on here who can't help recycle the same media, negative shit about our easy, WORLD CLASS target, and when as TMQ says, scores a brace in the next game, they will be jackin off over his brilliance, fickle fieceheads!!

He was poor today. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say that it's because he is rteturning from injury, but he's got a lot of work to do, because now not only has he got Bellamy to battle with, he's got Petrov now, and both have performed better when the have played.

Oh, and when he ducked out of controlling the long ball when he was completely on his own was fucking gutless.

MCfcBOB said:
ElanJo said:

I want everyone in our team to do well, and with Robinho walking around in an aura that is full of skills and stepovers.... I'll be glad to see him be instrumental in 2010. But... Brazlians don't cut it over here...

It will work for him, but not at City. Thats just what I think.
I agree with this.........he was exceptionally lacklustre today. I would rather see him gone and we get our money back. We would be as good as we are without him.

Gelsons Dad said:
luckily we have a manager who understands the latin temperament and will nurse him back to form whilst at the same time keeping bellamy on side. Just sit back and watch.

Agreed, saves me typing a lot.

fuck robinho

he has the talent and doesn't show it. Bellamy cares and puts in great performances consistently

rogdogblue said:
Gelsons Dad said:
luckily we have a manager who understands the latin temperament and will nurse him back to form whilst at the same time keeping bellamy on side. Just sit back and watch.

Disagree. I don't want to see Robinho fail, actually the opposite as it would be great for us but its simple for me. Either he is prepared to put in a shift like bellamy and tevez or he is better of elsewhere.

I don't see any top 4 teams carrying a player like robbie in their team and its not a coincidence.

Dickov 99 said:
rogdogblue said:

Disagree. I don't want to see Robinho fail, actually the opposite as it would be great for us but its simple for me. Either he is prepared to put in a shift like bellamy and tevez or he is better of elsewhere.

I don't see any top 4 teams carrying a player like robbie in their team and its not a coincidence.

He'll never put a shift in like Bellamy or Tevez because he's not that type of player and it's silly to expect him to put in a shift like that. I enjoyed what i saw on the pitch today in general although Robinho had a poor game but sadly block 110 had it's fair share of people who were more interested in telling Robinho to fuck off and slag him off throughout the game. As soon as he gave the ball away after just 5 minutes people were on his back singing bellamy, bellamy etc and calling him a lazy twat. To be honest i couldn't believe what i was hearing, he's a City player at the end of the day. I have no problem with people not thinking Robinho is as good as people make him out to be but when you're in the ground and he's playing in the City shirt surely he should have your full backing? I had an argument with one fan today after the first goal after he'd spent all the game slagging Robinho and then had a pop at him because he didn't conect fully with the ball despite the ball ending up in the net from Petrov

At the end of the day Robinho has played 8 games this season and been injured for most of it yet we've still managed to win 5 out of those 8 games despite the team carrying him for those games according to a lot of people yet for some reason when we've got a full team where we're carrying no-one and Bellamys playing amazing we were winning each week weren't we? Oh silly me!

I'm surprised to hear that he was booed today, I didn't hear any around me in 137, just the collective groans which were understandable.
Dunno whats happened to him, he's certainly not the same player we had last year. Even though he has been below par by his standards this season, his passing has still been top notch.
But today it was mostly terrible, I've been at most of the games he's played in for us and it was the worst I've seen from him.
Just before he went off he couldn't even trap the ball, allowing it to go out for a throw.
In his defence it can be stated that he's still regaining his fitness after injury, and that his confidence is clearly low.
But the fact is even last season when his obvious class was admired by all of us... he was still inconsistant, especially away from home.
If its true that he wants out then make it so as soon as possible, or if he really does wanna stay with us he needs to stop believing he's one of the worlds best players, take a good look at himself and accept he needs to buckle down and make an effort to put it right...and drop his "Gods gift to football" attitude, his past repution means nothing at the moment.
For those on here who wanna call me whatever they want for saying his heart isn't with us and I dont give a shit if he leaves... it counts for nothin. As these fans clearly don't watch him week in and week out, cos if they did they would not still be wearing their "Robbie tinted specs".
Personally I would never boo a City player..or Manager.. no matter how disgruntled I was, for the simple reason it only makes things worse. I would like nothing more than for Robbie to stay and show us what he can do on a regular basis... but I trust my gut instinct that says it ain't gonna happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.