Get to the Etihad for the 2nd leg!

No Rag, frankly I would rather be one of the 17,000 hard core who turned up in Mel Machin's days, which I am, than lots of the moaning, whingers on here. Seems if people aren't knocking the club, whingeing about something or if a poster isn't in agreement with the rest of the masses on here then they must be a Rag. Mysterious!
Maybe not a rag but you have slagged blues off since day one on here, strange for a 'long term' fan hey? You are also a hypocrite as you have criticised 'old timers' then tried to make your point using a typical 'old timer' comment. I presume you were at York away as well?I think your a WUM and definitely not a City fan personally but lets leave it at that mate.

As for 3 weeks, you sound like the old timers at a match who has a disagreement with a younger kid, usual retort is "I've been going 40 years, what would you know?" Like time gives you any more valid an opinion,

And I still won't be going, said I wouldn't before the away leg and i'm not changing my mind because of the result. It's a corrupt corporate competition and I have no interest in attending personally.

None of those pre kickoff We Are City montage, none of those pre kick off stand shouting contest. None of those family outing activities. Get the stadium pitch black, an imposing Blue Moon no music needed. maybe a whispered blue moon. Come on City chants drowning the CL theme. Let zlatan feel like they can't wait to leg out from here.

They don't tend to do that pre match Danny and Natalie shite at CL games.

They don't tend to do that pre match Danny and Natalie shite at CL games.

We have in the past been a bit too welcomey, Barcelona game comes to mind. I wouldn't put it past us in our attempts to showcase the matchday experience, such things make its way to the night in the false perception that it gets us artificially upbeat.

Came off the auto scheme, hedged my bets. Bought my regular seats this morning, £40 apiece.

It's a two-way street for me, in recent months, in terms of my loyalty.

The players somehow got us a great result last night and deserve every seat to be filled and the place buzzing.

Think Im more nervous about City fans booing the anthem that sets up an ugly and dire atmosphere. They must know by now we don't approve of Uefa so lets just put it by for now and concentrate on creating a positive atmosphere for once.

Think Im more nervous about City fans booing the anthem that sets up an ugly and dire atmosphere. They must know by now we don't approve of Uefa so lets just put it by for now and concentrate on creating a positive atmosphere for once.

I think the booing makes most people laugh & is good for the atmosphere not bad.

That was the case where I was sat for the last round anyhow.

Anybody against the pricing feel free to watch in on TV. There will be plenty to take your seat. Oh and the club will charge them more as non season card holder's. Club can't lose,only the objectors can.

It's expensive, there's no question. But it's the QF of the CL with a real chance of making the semi finals (though the club didn't know that when they first priced it). Like it or not it's a huge game and regardless of the opposition, at this stage tickets were going to be £40-60 because it's the biggest knockout competition in club football in the world and the latter stages. Like most fans, I'd have paid anything for a QF ticket in the CL back in the day.

Equally I get that people don't think it's right and for me all football games should be around the £30 mark. Unfortunately that's not the case. The Hamburg atmosphere was epic, the ground was shaking. £10 for adults and £5 for kids iirc. I remember getting into the SS and the Hamburg fans were loud and giving it large, then Blue Moon rang out. They stopped singing, looked around and were stunned by what they were hearing. We were so loud they literally stopped singing in shock. Sent shivers down my spine.

I'm sure this one will be even better, with the expanded SS. But it's a shame real hardcore fans feel they can't pay the money to go and watch it and that's why the pricing is wrong really. All City hardcore fans should be buzzing about the game feeling they can afford to go and watch it. £40 would probably have been on the mark. But then again, would these fans pay £50 for a semi ticket? And how much to go and watch a final?

If I recall correctly, it was £5 for adults and kids for £1.

I find it a bit pathetic to be honest. Poor old city being hard done too. BOOOOO. Its like being at a pantomime.

In your opinion.

Unless it can be proven otherwise which it can't then either of us could be right or wrong. I know that our CL attendances are very different from the league attendances. The number of seats available illustrates that and none of my ST friends who go to league games go to CL games other than me and the lad and one other. That's 3 out of about 11. The People sat around where I sit are all new faces. It's a different crowd from the prem games on the whole. Might have been the same faces at Hamburg although I doubt it. Like I say just opinion.

You're quite right my friend, and each and every one of us is entitled to an opinion. Some are based on fact. some fiction, and others a complete shot in the dark. For example, where I sit in block 220, the vast majority around me and my 7 friends and family who are all season ticket holders, aged between 80 and 14, go to all Premiership games, as you would, having paid up front for them, and 7 of us are on the CL cup scheme, except for my 80 year old father who can be excused, given that he also lives 45 miles away from the stadium and doesn't do night games due to his age and round trip. The vast majority of the regulars, at least the row behind and the 5 or 6 rows in front of me also turn up at the CL games, in fact most other games, and if they don't, one of their friends or family take the seat. I know this because they have been seen a good number of times. I also see many other regular faces in the concourses who sit elsewhere, but not too many tourists. So, it can be safely said, that very few, if any tourists or selfie stick owners take their places in 220. Fact not opinion, so your statement that 'its all tourists' may well be right for your spot, but not mine, and I guess many others possibly fall into either category. It was a far reaching statement, which I couldn't agree entirely with...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.