Gigs Thread

Got tickets for End of the Road festival again this year, tends to be a few bands I really like and most I’ve never heard of and then spend the run up to it listening to a few to work out who to see. Anyone got any recommendations -
I would highly recommend CMAT, she’s mad as a bicycle, with a brilliant voice. Both albums, although very different, are excellent.

Got tickets for End of the Road festival again this year, tends to be a few bands I really like and most I’ve never heard of and then spend the run up to it listening to a few to work out who to see. Anyone got any recommendations -
Not sure what your'e into but I saw water from your eyes recently, opening for Squid and Nourished by time opening for Dry Cleaning.
Both worth a watch imo.
Nourished by time is also on Dry Cleanings "Swampy" e.p, singing on Gary Ashby.
Kinda jealous that you have the chance to see Baxter.

Not sure what your'e into but I saw water from your eyes recently, opening for Squid and Nourished by time opening for Dry Cleaning.
Both worth a watch imo.
Nourished by time is also on Dry Cleanings "Swampy" e.p, singing on Gary Ashby.
Kinda jealous that you have the chance to see Baxter.

Yeah really looking forward to Baxter Dury :) Saw both Squid and Dry Cleaning there a couple of years ago and liked them both so assume I’d like their support acts too.

A few I'll be going to watch.
Bonnie Prince Billy, the must see for me.
Jockstrap
Ty Segall, although its acoustic
Mdou Moctar
Richard Dawson
Lisa O'Neil
Slift
Colossal Squid
The Tubs

But loads more I'd like to catch, Idles always do a good set, Fever Ray, Lankam, Baxter, Lemon Twigs,, Casisdead, The Shits, Heartworms, whatever you select from that lineup it will be good as you know, the guy that runs it picks well.

Last edited:
A few I'll be going to watch.
Bonnie Prince Billy, the must see for me.
Jockstrap
Ty Segall, although its acoustic
Mdou Moctar
Richard Dawson
Lisa O'Neil
Slift
Colossal Squid
The Tubs

But loads more I'd like to catch, Idles always do a good set, Fever Ray, Lankam, Baxter, Lemon Twigs,, Casisdead, The Shits, Heartworms, whatever you select from that lineup it will be good as you know, the guy that runs it picks well.

Yeah gone the last three years and absolutely love it. The settings brilliant too, really like the garden stage. Bonnie Prince Billie, Lankum, Richard Dawson and Baxter Dury are my must watches at the mo, will check out those others too. Thank you :)

Saw Slash at the arena last night. Place was half empty. Hope the bubble will burst on these mad arena prices soon. (Not likely but still)

Saw Slash at the arena last night. Place was half empty. Hope the bubble will burst on these mad arena prices soon. (Not likely but still)

Didn't seem half empty from where I was sat. there are some new VIP seats that seemed empty but the rest seemed pretty well sold.

Although the sound quality last night was garbage. truly awful levels of reverb and distortion. Its really fucked my ( and my wife's ) hearing up to be honest. Not the usual levels of ear ringing after a loud gig. feels like the distortion has messed with my ability to hear Bass. just had a video meeting and most of the team sounded like they were sucking helium!

I agree on pricing tho. its getting insane.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.