Girl cryogenically frozen

It's you who isn't listening Karen. The story about the child "with no brain" is indeed interesting, although clearly they have some brain function or they wouldn't be able to say "Mummy" would they. Unless you imagine that their voicebox alone is capable of coherent thought (and I am sure you don't).

But the point you are simply refusing to listen to is that there is a fundamental difference between a person who is basically alive but who's vital signs have all vanished, and someone who is brain dead. You cannot revive dead brain cells 10 minutes later, let alone 1 hour or 10 hours or whatever later. You do get that, don't you?
You've got to be my favorite bluemooner I've ever come across. You clearly know very little about the subject. You clearly are incredibly opinionated and consider yourself knowledgeable, well why don't you open your eyes and actually have a look at SCIENCE, FACTS etc rather than saying 'physics make it impossible'.

Even if what you are saying is based on real, scientific tests (which it isn't) we don't even understand physics properly yet. Only 100 years ago we thought it would be impossible to go into space and look where we are now.

I showed you a link before which has proved your entire argument invalid. They've already brought a mammal BRAIN to a 'near perfect' condition after vitrifying it. They already have plans to try the same thing with larger mammals. So what you say they will never be able to do, they have already done WITH MODERN DAY SCIENCE - NOT THE SCIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE WE'LL HAVE AVAILABLE AFTER HUNDREDS/THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF INNOVATION AND ADVANCES.

Secondly - they aren't going to a fucking cemetery and digging up some corpse that's been left rotting for a few days. They're taking a 'patient' as soon as they are officially and clinically dead (after their heart stops beating naturally - before brain decay has begins) and preserving them, almost perfectly, in the hope that there might be a chance this poor 14 year old girl might live a full and enjoyable life.

I seriously don't get why this is difficult for some people?

By the definition 50 years ago yes.

Could she still have been resuscitated for another 15 mins last month (only to arrest again)? Almost certainly yes.

In essence I am agreeing with you, but on the small point about whether she could have been resuscitated, I would doubt that. Sometimes when people have "drowned" in an ice-cold lake (for example) they might last a bit longer because the cold can enable the brain to survive a bit longer, but 15 minutes without your heart pumping, in a normal warm hospital environment? I'd say that was goodnight Vienna.

You've got to be my favorite bluemooner I've ever come across. You clearly know very little about the subject. You clearly are incredibly opinionated and consider yourself knowledgeable, well why don't you open your eyes and actually have a look at SCIENCE, FACTS etc rather than saying 'physics make it impossible'.

Even if what you are saying is based on real, scientific tests (which it isn't) we don't even understand physics properly yet. Only 100 years ago we thought it would be impossible to go into space and look where we are now.

I showed you a link before which has proved your entire argument invalid. They've already brought a mammal BRAIN to a 'near perfect' condition after vitrifying it. They already have plans to try the same thing with larger mammals. So what you say they will never be able to do, they have already done WITH MODERN DAY SCIENCE - NOT THE SCIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE WE'LL HAVE AVAILABLE AFTER HUNDREDS/THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF INNOVATION AND ADVANCES.

Secondly - they aren't going to a fucking cemetery and digging up some corpse that's been left rotting for a few days. They're taking a 'patient' as soon as they are officially and clinically dead (after their heart stops beating naturally - before brain decay has begins) and preserving them, almost perfectly, in the hope that there might be a chance this poor 14 year old girl might live a full and enjoyable life.

I seriously don't get why this is difficult for some people?

"Before brain decay begins". Right. Now go back to my first post on this subject, read it. And then read your insulting reply to that post. And then come back and apologise.

Last edited:
Wow, suddenly we have a forum full of doogie howsers and nurse Jackies...

As someone who knows an ikkle bit about the brain, the survival, in research terms, doesn't exist in great depth... Clinical death when coupled with resuscitation=brain damage, however, the promise here within the big sales pitch is containment without actual realisation (today)..

The most vulnerable cells in the brain are CA1 neurons in the hippocampus, 10 minutes without oxygen and its lights out on that bad boy, however, the interesting part is that those who have recieved resuscitation, the injured cells don't actually die until hours after the act, known medically as reperfusion - the human genome project inspired multiple research programs on the field, again though they're selling a promise, it's here where the USP is kicking in from these charlatan companies...

By all means believe in the concept, but the science

latest

I hadn't actually read the articles relating to this girl specifically, but I now understand that she died in the UK???! And since there are no cryogenic facilities in the UK (which I did know) her CHILLED remains have been shipped to the US to be deep frozen.

So we are not even putting fresh meat in the freezer, it's 28 day aged beef. Well very good luck with that.

"Before brain decay begins". Right. Now go back to my first post on this subject, read it. And then read your insulting reply to that post. And then come back and apologise.

I might also add, that you are not think about what is the difference between "not technically possible with current technology" and "not ever possible with any technology". Do you accept that there is a difference? If you do not accept that, then to you ANYTHING in the future may be possible, when it fact it is not.

It's fundamental to this discussion that people understand that.
Your first sentance, in your first post is this:
There is less than the square root of fuck all chance of this EVER working.

Of course there is a difference, but that's not to say a lot of the things we THINK are impossible will be possible. There are so many examples of this happening even in recent(ish) history. There is a fundamental difference between the two, you are correct in that regard, but I'm not sure you're applying that to this subject.

You posted earlier about how bring a brain back to life would require editing billions of brain cells etc - I think this is something that is very much possible. Now something like time travel, or traveling faster than the speed of light could be 'physically impossible', but I don't think 'mortality' is.

Your first sentance, in your first post is this:
There is less than the square root of fuck all chance of this EVER working.

Of course there is a difference, but that's not to say a lot of the things we THINK are impossible will be possible. There are so many examples of this happening even in recent(ish) history. There is a fundamental difference between the two, you are correct in that regard, but I'm not sure you're applying that to this subject.

You posted earlier about how bring a brain back to life would require editing billions of brain cells etc - I think this is something that is very much possible. Now something like time travel, or traveling faster than the speed of light could be 'physically impossible', but I don't think 'mortality' is.

I can't see it mate, but whatever - unless we both get frozen and resume this conversation in 20,000 years, we may never know who was right ;-)

And incidentally, time travel most definitely IS possible. In fact travelling to the future (slightly) happens every time you move and happens more the faster you go. Travelling into the past may well be possible if we could create a wormhole and there are conceivable ways we might be able to do that.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.