Girl cryogenically frozen

If it does work, even if in 1000 years, the time inbetween the second she died and the second she wakes back up will feel like nothing to her. Imagine how weird that would be! Closing your eyes surrounded by humans then opening a them a second later surrounded by robots or aliens.

Mmmmm, think this may be a case of 'a fool and his money...' some of these companies have already gone bust and they have had to bury the bodies. Don't get me wrong, it would be amazing to be woke up in the future, but as has been pointed out by doctors, with in minutes of death you get irreversible brain damage, so unless they freeze you while your still alive the chances of bringing you back are very, very low without being a cabbage. The only other option is uploading your memory to a computer, which can't be done yet.

I mean, it sounds cool but if you were woken in 1000 years, everyone you know is dead, the entire culture of planet Earth is different, language would have evolved past the English we know today.

Death is part of life. I am scared to die but I'd rather die than do this.

Mmmmm, think this may be a case of 'a fool and his money...' some of these companies have already gone bust and they have had to bury the bodies. Don't get me wrong, it would be amazing to be woke up in the future, but as has been pointed out by doctors, with in minutes of death you get irreversible brain damage, so unless they freeze you while your still alive the chances of bringing you back are very, very low without being a cabbage. The only other option is uploading your memory to a computer, which can't be done yet.

Yep, I see cryogenics as the modern day equivalent of 'Snake Oil'.

I was reading something recently (can't remember where, been researching a lot of IoT and big data stuff lately) about 'the singularity', the point when AI becomes a reality. The scientists involved are expecting the singularity to occur by around 2045. As an aside to this, some were saying that by the time our technology is up to the job of creating real AI, we will also have the capability to store a human consciousness in hardware. I was talking about this with a friend of mine last weekend, whilst we were consuming copious amounts of Tiger, and the conclusion we reached was that as I'm now 57 years of age, and he's 7 years older than me, if by some slim chance we were still around, who in their right mind would want a pair of senile old cunts living in their laptop?

If it does work, even if in 1000 years, the time inbetween the second she died and the second she wakes back up will feel like nothing to her. Imagine how weird that would be! Closing your eyes surrounded by humans then opening a them a second later surrounded by robots or aliens.
Or lizard people, shed of their disguises and openly ruling the earth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.