Give Eastlands its Kippax

sput the wonder pig said:
Why cant the away fans go in the corner which is currently occupied by the " singing section ".. that way we could at least have %80 of the south stand..

That would be ideal. Anything really is better than the currert City-Away-City scenario at the moment. It should be Away-City-City or even better Away-City-City-City ;-)

The areas at either side of the Southstand are only loud because they are near the away fans.

Remove the away fans and it will get worse.

The Kippax was shit when it was rebuilt anyway, this idea will turn the South Stand more like the East Stand.

If i remember correctly the kippax was at the side of the pitch and not behind the goal. If the people who go in the south stand want the kippax back why don't they pay the extra few quid to sit at the side? The atmosphere is better in 111 etc. And so is the view of the game. This idea will never happen

Corky said:
The areas at either side of the Southstand are only loud because they are near the away fans.

Remove the away fans and it will get worse.

The Kippax was shit when it was rebuilt anyway, this idea will turn the South Stand more like the East Stand.

Whilst i agree that being next to the away fans creates an atmosphere are we that bad that with 3k-6k blues standing together we couldn't make abit of noise? We do it at Wigan and Blackburn.

Also the away fans will still be next to us, all it is is moving them to the right abit to accomodate more blues.

gaz76 said:
If i remember correctly the kippax was at the side of the pitch and not behind the goal. If the people who go in the south stand want the kippax back why don't they pay the extra few quid to sit at the side? The atmosphere is better in 111 etc. And so is the view of the game. This idea will never happen

True it was, and I still sit in the same seat (position) as I did in the Kippax. Anyone who was sat in the Kippax at the old ground was put in the same seat when we moved but a lot of people moved as the away fans were sent to the opposit end of the ground. I would love a new Kippax but I love my seat and I would want it where it was!!! So side for me not at the end. We will never have a Kop style stand, would love it but doubt we would get it. Plus more fans the length of the pitch, makes more sense.

gaz76 said:

Irrelevant of where the stand was posistioned. The Kippax was the heart of Maine Road where the atmosphere was generated. The south stand is the heart of Eastlands where the atmosphere is generated. All we are saying is give us the stand and move the away fans to the side abit to accomodate more blues.

If it doesn't work then nevermind but at least we had a go at trying to change things.

Immaculate Pasta said:
gaz76 said:

Irrelevant of where the stand was posistioned. The Kippax was the heart of Maine Road where the atmosphere was generated. The south stand is the heart of Eastlands where the atmosphere is generated. All we are saying is give us the stand and move the away fans to the side abit to accomodate more blues.

If it doesn't work then nevermind but at least we had a go at trying to change things.
I take it you sit in the south stand then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.