Give Eastlands its Kippax

Immaculate Pasta said:
gaz76 said:
If i remember correctly the kippax was at the side of the pitch and not behind the goal. If the people who go in the south stand want the kippax back why don't they pay the extra few quid to sit at the side? The atmosphere is better in 111 etc. And so is the view of the game. This idea will never happen

Irrelevant of where the stand was posistioned. The Kippax was the heart of Maine Road where the atmosphere was generated. The south stand is the heart of Eastlands where the atmosphere is generated. All we are saying is give us the stand and move the away fans to the side abit to accomodate more blues.

If it doesn't work then nevermind but at least we had a go at trying to change things.

I think it does matter... The more fans in one are the more noise it generates surely? Plus when the noise in the Kippax came from the where it did it got the smaller stands singing too. Opposit the dug out, where the player walk out from (first thing they see and hear) stuff like that would make it more intimidating for away players. Just my thought. I wish the whole ground would sing, look at Pompy against AC that was amazing, the whole stadium sang the entire match.

not my fault! said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Irrelevant of where the stand was posistioned. The Kippax was the heart of Maine Road where the atmosphere was generated. The south stand is the heart of Eastlands where the atmosphere is generated. All we are saying is give us the stand and move the away fans to the side abit to accomodate more blues.

If it doesn't work then nevermind but at least we had a go at trying to change things.

I think it does matter... The more fans in one are the more noise it generates surely? Plus when the noise in the Kippax came from the where it did it got the smaller stands singing too. Opposit the dug out, where the player walk out from (first thing they see and hear) stuff like that would make it more intimidating for away players. Just my thought. I wish the whole ground would sing, look at Pompy against AC that was amazing, the whole stadium sang the entire match.

What i meant to say was we are asking for Eastland's version of the Kippax for the reason that the Kippax was a recognised end where the atmosphere was generated. Not because we want the East Stand to become the main singing area.

I've posted on Mancityfans, I suspect they will be less cynical than Bluevibe. Bluewatch are 100% behind this.

Didsbury Dave said:
I've posted on Mancityfans, I suspect they will be less cynical than Bluevibe. Bluewatch are 100% behind this.

Good stuff! What about facebook or any other social networking sites like bebo ect

Immaculate Pasta said:
not my fault! said:

What i meant to say was we are asking for Eastland's version of the Kippax for the reason that the Kippax was a recognised end where the atmosphere was generated. Not because we want the East Stand to become the main singing area.

Hear what your saying and not saying your wrong but... Surely more noise means more atmosphere? Just can see the south stand wanting to move into the east and vice-versa. I would love the noise, I sit in 101 east stand and it's quiet to say the least. I'm either sat amoungst kids who have got in for pennies and support anyone but city or the chinese. It's like the United Nations where I sit (your all welcome by the way just learn some fooking songs). I have a good view and see all the action in the second half, like the ballboy incident on derby day (he should have a promotion or something) Would it not make sense for the east stand to be the "new Kippax"? Like I say it's what the players see when they come out the tunnel.

It's unfeasible to make the East Stand. You can't just make people sing or move. Monst "singers" are now down at the South stand end of the stadium. They just need to be together. That's the point.

Didsbury Dave said:
It's unfeasible to make the East Stand. You can't just make people sing or move. Monst "singers" are now down at the South stand end of the stadium. They just need to be together. That's the point.

That was my point, people wont/cant move so it's not going to happen is it! Most singers may be in the south stand but why can't we all just support the team wherever we sit? I imagine that if we do buy these players we are linked with then there will be plenty of noise all around the ground. I want to be in the noise but I aint moving behind the goal, I dont like it, noise or no noise. For me it's a case of the fans getting behind the team every game and the noise will follow, plus we need some new songs in fairness, we have sung the same songs for as long as I can remember but we just go through the motions I'm afraid.

not my fault! said:
Didsbury Dave said:

That was my point, people wont/cant move so it's not going to happen is it! Most singers may be in the south stand but why can't we all just support the team wherever we sit? I imagine that if we do buy these players we are linked with then there will be plenty of noise all around the ground. I want to be in the noise but I aint moving behind the goal, I dont like it, noise or no noise. For me it's a case of the fans getting behind the team every game and the noise will follow, plus we need some new songs in fairness, we have sung the same songs for as long as I can remember but we just go through the motions I'm afraid.

All points that i agree with but unfortunatly you are never going to see the whole ground sing anymore because it is all seater. People are getting told to sit down when they stand up and sing which btw the person moaning has a point because if he has paid £42 to watch the game they shouldn't have to dodge people standing up and singing every few minutes.

What we want is a full end of blues who want to stand and sing and support the side in that way without getting moaned at or feeling guilty about doing it. No one should feel guilty at singing and shouting for their team but many do including me because people have paid good money to see the game and not see the back of my head. It's not a case of moving it to the East Stand or the North Stand, it can quite easily be done by swaping the fairly recent singing section with the away fans thus you have the majoirty of blues in that stand plus you are still next to the away fans for "banter" and still near the coach carparks and exits.

It's just a case of "moving the goalposts" a little bit that would create a big difference.

Immaculate Pasta said:
not my fault! said:

All points that i agree with but unfortunatly you are never going to see the whole ground sing anymore because it is all seater. People are getting told to sit down when they stand up and sing which btw the person moaning has a point because if he has paid £42 to watch the game they shouldn't have to dodge people standing up and singing every few minutes.

What we want is a full end of blues who want to stand and sing and support the side in that way without getting moaned at or feeling guilty about doing it. No one should feel guilty at singing and shouting for their team but many do including me because people have paid good money to see the game and not see the back of my head. It's not a case of moving it to the East Stand or the North Stand, it can quite easily be done by swaping the fairly recent singing section with the away fans thus you have the majoirty of blues in that stand plus you are still next to the away fans for "banter" and still near the coach carparks and exits.

It's just a case of "moving the goalposts" a little bit that would create a big difference.

So move the away fans to the side? Okay see the point but let me ask this (not trying to be an arse just playing devils advocate) when we are away where do you want to sit? Behind the goal or to the side? If we moved the away fans you would have all the away supporters clubs kicking a fuss, this is why away fans are 90% of the time behind the goal. It's where you want to be to give the team the support as they shoot toward the goal where you are sat. Is there not a rule as to where the away fans should be sat? Just a thougt.

Some people are just too simplistic about this.

This is what happens at City.

That stupid PA shuts up and the game kicks off.

The South Stand start a rendition of "We are not really here". 111 start a rendition of "Bluemoon" at exactly the same time. the rest of the ground sit in silence.

the away fans start up a song. The south stand start up a chorus of "If you hate Man United". 111 can't hear them because of the away fans so start off something else. The South Stand's song doesn't get going beyond those 2 blocks because the Colin Bell stand never sings.

Eventually, after 5 minutes of this, the rest of the ground feel isolated from the signing and sit in silence, the two singing areas start to get annoyed that their songs are not catching on.

An important point to note is that when songs do get sung right round the ground, in my opinion they tend to start off at the other end - the North Stand! This is because it is one of the few occasions when both these two sectins hear the song and sing together.

With one voice, people like me who sit up the side but would get behind the team with a song if it spread, would sing much more. As it is, I'm not joining in with a muddy noise from two ends.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.