Give Eastlands its Kippax

not my fault! said:
when we are away where do you want to sit? Behind the goal or to the side? If we moved the away fans you would have all the away supporters clubs kicking a fuss, this is why away fans are 90% of the time behind the goal.

Sorry mate but that's nonsense. I would rather sit up the side at any ground then I can see play at both ends. The away fans just accept where they are put. Did any of ours complain that they were no longer behind the goal at Villa? Of course they didn't.

Didsbury Dave said:
Some people are just too simplistic about this.

This is what happens at City.

That stupid PA shuts up and the game kicks off.

The South Stand start a rendition of "We are not really here". 111 start a rendition of "Bluemoon" at exactly the same time. the rest of the ground sit in silence.

the away fans start up a song. The south stand start up a chorus of "If you hate Man United". 111 can't hear them because of the away fans so start off something else. The South Stand's song doesn't get going beyond those 2 blocks because the Colin Bell stand never sings.

Eventually, after 5 minutes of this, the rest of the ground feel isolated from the signing and sit in silence, the two singing areas start to get annoyed that their songs are not catching on.

An important point to note is that when songs do get sung right round the ground, in my opinion they tend to start off at the other end - the North Stand! This is because it is one of the few occasions when both these two sectins hear the song and sing together.

With one voice, people like me who sit up the side but would get behind the team with a song if it spread, would sing much more. As it is, I'm not joining in with a muddy noise from two ends.

PMSL that is so true.

100% behind this. its like when we go away the backing is all in one stand,
makes a big difference to the players when they can hear us properly.

WE MUST HAVE OUR KIPPAX BACK.

Didsbury Dave said:
not my fault! said:
when we are away where do you want to sit? Behind the goal or to the side? If we moved the away fans you would have all the away supporters clubs kicking a fuss, this is why away fans are 90% of the time behind the goal.

Sorry mate but that's nonsense. I would rather sit up the side at any ground then I can see play at both ends. The away fans just accept where they are put. Did any of ours complain that they were no longer behind the goal at Villa? Of course they didn't.

Wasnt saying it was the case I was just askin the question... Where would you rather sit? And as I said is there any rule from the FA as to where the away fans have to sit? No one is right or wrong in this, and as mentioned in your post you would rather sit at the side!!! Does this not prove my first point? More fans at the side = more noise = better atmosphere = players reacting better. I dont care as long as the ground sings and gets behind the team, I want an atomsphere like Pompy had in Europe last week, you have to admit that was amazing.

In the old days of the Kippax, and latterly the North Stand, the "choir" didn't have competition of a 500 watts speaker system to put up with. How you're expected to sing and be heard about that I'll never know.

The derby would have been a good match to test shutting it down for 10 minutes before ko.

I remember singing starting well be ko and every player had their own song, the song would roar out and each player would acknowledge the support when theirs was done. Now it's impossible and music is blasted out until ko.

I also hate to criticise but our songs are in need of some new blood. When Spurs sung we've only got one song I was nodding in agreement. The PSG fans were having a right bop up and down and what was the best we came up with, "What the fucking hell is that". It was good, it was atmosphere, that's what it was.

The South Stand is feeble and this is a good idea to get something resembling the Kippax back.

The Fat el Hombre said:
It's got to be done. If it's logistically impossible then something has to be done.

Agree with that, as I said I dont care where but we need new songs and an improved atmosphere. Doesnt just happen though does it.

not my fault! said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
It's got to be done. If it's logistically impossible then something has to be done.

Agree with that, as I said I dont care where but we need new songs and an improved atmosphere. Doesnt just happen though does it.

That's why we are "trying" to get something done mate!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.