Give Neil Young a testimonial

I'm sure the guy who does the twitter page would get behind this campaign if there was proof that it wouldn't be a waste of time. I know him from school, but havn't seen him in ages. I do know that he is a lifelong city fan though, and had a season ticket and went to away games a lot, he wouldn't needed to be told what neil did for City put it that way.

wilf9 said:
I'm sure the guy who does the twitter page would get behind this campaign if there was proof that it wouldn't be a waste of time. I know him from school, but havn't seen him in ages. I do know that he is a lifelong city fan though, and had a season ticket and went to away games a lot, he wouldn't needed to be told what neil did for City put it that way.

Did you go Audi mate? Was you in the guys year as i will probably know you. I see him at a lot of away games still and you are right, he won't need telling who Neil Young is haha! He has done the City tour stuff in the past as well.

Hollywood Blue said:
To be blunt, it hasn't happened so far, so it probably never will.

No harm in trying again though.

If we had that attitude, hardly anything would get done.

If we take the attitude like some blues did for Gordon Love, Carl Tilson, then it shows that amazing things can be achieved.

Maybe with the new age of the internet, it will allow us to publicise the issue on a bigger and better scale than before.

Cant someone who is knowledgeable on fb, internet, blogs etc organise maybe a petition for Nellies testimonial? He certainly deserves one in my eyes. Especially after maybe having his gifted peg off.The one which got us league championship and fa cup trophies!
Come on someone, if i knew how i would do it, but being an old fart half of it is harry potter stuff to me!

IMARRIEDBLUEMOON said:
Cant someone who is knowledgeable on fb, internet, blogs etc organise maybe a petition for Nellies testimonial? He certainly deserves one in my eyes. Especially after maybe having his gifted peg off.The one which got us league championship and fa cup trophies!
Come on someone, if i knew how i would do it, but being an old fart half of it is harry potter stuff to me!

If you read the last 10 posts, this is exactly what we are trying to arrange. Maybe not a game, but a donation fund or the proceeds from a planned game like the Thomas Cook Trophy or something else.

YES, i read the last ten posts, but as far as i am aware noone has come up with anything deffo! We are all just talking about it.
Has anyone contacted the club for example, or would we know about it if they had?

BTH said:
City fans just don't turn up for testimonials whereas the rags will turn up for any old crap, usually Celtic. I think Mike Doyle, Joe Corrigan and Tommy Booth all got a gate of less than 10,000 each.

As BTH said earlier, the debate around this has been going on for years with many people, most notably Dave Cash a few years back working very hard to generate funds for Neil, supporting the idea. I know Dave Cash and all those who worked with him did an absolutely fantastic job but even with all that effort and the money raised they still did not resolve the issue of a specific testimonial game.

Earlier in the thread I mentioned about the role of the Former Players Assoc and I do think that if there are people out there keen to do something new and different to raise funds then it would be worth talking with them. They know the history of testimonials and tend to know who has had what raised for them in the past. As BTH said the games for Neil's contempories hardly made much of a difference and though we are in a different time and place than we were in the 70s, I'm sure it would be very difficult for the Club to work on a testimonial for one player from that era today and potentially generate more funds (even considering inflation and so on) for him than his contempories (no matter how great and important that player is), especially if some of his contempories are also having difficulties.

Perhaps the way it should be done in the future is for a testimonial/friendly style game to be played for the Former Players Assoc every couple of years, and for them to distribute funds in a controlled manner to players who need it.

I do know they look at all hardship cases now and try to help where they can, and it strikes me that they have the power and the opportunity to make sure players are all treated fairly.

The biggest compliment I can pay to Adam Johnson is.... He reminds me of Neil Young so much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.