Given issues ultimatum to Mancini

Sooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

AntonDonJuan said:
Project said:
The idea of shipping him out to Arsenal is quite frankly ludicrous. We should not be solving our competitors problems.

I understand Shay's position to a certain extent though. At his age, every season must seem more important - kind of like knowing you only have a set period of time to live and thus want to make the most of it. Sitting on the bench is obviously the opposite.

I always felt though that in starting Joe first in all the friendlies, despite giving them 45 minutes each, Mancini had already made up his mind as to who his number one is. I think Shay knows it too.
I've got a funny feeling Shay will be his number 1. I hope not though

It was the Valencia game that convinced me. That was clearly Mancinis first choice outfield that started so why make an exception with the keeper? Shay is fit. If he was no. 1 he would have started.

Re: Sooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

If he wants to go on loan I don't blame him, you're not going to keep both keepers happy, not a chance and there's no point in deluding ourselvses. One will be gone come the January market.
Given wont want to sit on the bench because purely he's only a handful of years left and he shouldn't be blamed for wanting game time.
Hart should have patience to sit on the bench, he's only 23 which is incredibly young especially for a keeper, but he's spat out his dummy enough times in the pre season interviews that we know he wont stay, he thinks he better than he is, and has moaned to the media countless times.

Given's a very popular player in the dressing room and I can't see many being pleased with him being moved. Not to mention he's vice captain.

Ya..no quotes. I wont hold my breath. There are no quotes and Arsenal really..ya I can see that happening.
I mean it's not like RTE to pick up something like this, but I wont hold my breath till I see it for myself and what he actually said. Doesn't seem likely though, especially Arsenal, that's ridiculous.

Project said:
AntonDonJuan said:

It was the Valencia game that convinced me. That was clearly Mancinis first choice outfield that started so why make an exception with the keeper? Shay is fit. If he was no. 1 he would have started.

this has been my opinion and hart has all so started most if not all pre season games only a presumption but id say hart is no.1

Project said:
AntonDonJuan said:

I hope so. Hart is only going to get better getting more game time with a solid defence in front of him. Given is a world class shot stopper and poor at everything else. We need more than a shot stopper where we want to be going

leewill31 said:
Project said:

this has been my opinion and hart has all so started most if not all pre season games only a presumption but id say hart is no.1
Yes but Given has only been fully fit for a few weeks and even then came on for him in the second half of most games.

IrishMacca said:
If he wants to go on loan I don't blame him, you're not going to keep both keepers happy, not a chance and there's no point in deluding ourselvses.
Given wont want to sit on the bench because purely he's only a handful of years left and he shouldn't be blamed for wanting game time.
hart should have patience to sit on the bench, but he thinks he better than he is, and has moaned to the media countless times.

Given's a very popular player in the dressing room and I can't see many being pleased with him being moved. Not to mention he's vice captain.

Ya..no quotes. I wont hold my breath. There are no quotes and people think that it's true..and Arsenal really..ya I can see that happening. I mean it's not like RTE to pick up something like this, but I wont hold my breath till I see it for myself. Doesn't seem likely though, especially Arsenal, that's ridiculous.

but it will be given that asks for the move so how could anybody be pissed off?<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:35 pm --<br /><br />
10.Goater_Legend said:
leewill31 said:
Yes but Given has only been fully fit for a few weeks and even then came on for him in the second half of most games.

yes true had forgot about that for a minute oh this is to hard!

mancini has got one hell of a job on his hands here :(

Probably blow out of proportion but you never know!

Shay Given’s tenure at Manchester City may be at an end after the Republic of Ireland goalkeeper issued an ultimatum to manager Roberto Mancini to pick him for their Premier League opener against Tottenham Hotspur this weekend.

Speaking at Ireland’s training session in Malahide this morning, Given laid it on the line that if Joe Hart is picked ahead of him that he will consider his position at Eastlands.

The Donegal man missed the end of last season at the club after injuring his shoulder, with Mancini declining to bring back Hart from a loan spell at Birmingham. He returned to Eastlands over the summer, with Mancini turning down an offer from Sunderland to take the 23-year-old England goalkeeper on loan this season.

Richard Dunne, John O'Shea and Kevin Doyle sat out this morning’s training session ahead of Wednesday’s friendly international against Argentina, a game that Aiden McGeady will miss as he sorts out his move to Spartak Moscow from Celtic.

leewill31 said:
IrishMacca said:
If he wants to go on loan I don't blame him, you're not going to keep both keepers happy, not a chance and there's no point in deluding ourselvses.
hart should have patience to sit on the bench, but he thinks he better than he is, and has moaned to the media countless times.

Ya..no quotes. I wont hold my breath. There are no quotes and people think that it's true..and Arsenal really..ya I can see that happening. I mean it's not like RTE to pick up something like this, but I wont hold my breath till I see it for myself. Doesn't seem likely though, especially Arsenal, that's ridiculous.

but it will be given that asks for the move so how could anybody be pissed off?

I didn't say they'd be pissed off, I said they wouldn't be happy, nor should we be if you start to loose all the leaders inside a dressing room, Dunne for instance.

That and they mightn't be pleased about Hart throwing a strop, which if he starts, which I don't think he will, it for me, sounds like City were pushed into it, play him or he wont stay. But who knows what goes on in City. That's just how it seems to come across to me.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:38 pm --<br /><br />
10.Goater_Legend said:
leewill31 said:

And played better than Hart when he came on. They both played an equal amount of time when Given was fit.

The both of them (Hart and Given) are talking as if they do not have the team interest at heart. For Mancini picks one and sell the other - I no longer care which one because they are both thinking about themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.