Given to go.

It's unfortunate but Mancini has to take risk here.

Hart has a better mentality to me. Ideally Given should support him and pass down his experiences but things like that don't happen nowadays.

lostgalaxy said:
It's unfortunate but Mancini has to take risk here.

Hart has a better mentality to me. Ideally Given should support him and pass down his experiences but things like that don't happen nowadays.

Its about time Mancini took some risks.
If he benches Hart at Spurs, and play it safe, he'll reap the same results as Hughes.

Big call for Mancini....

Personally i'd stick with Given sheerly due to his experence. But Joe Hart is by no means not a bad second choice which i don't think Mancini is taking much risk in either.

However, if Hart makes a few clangers somewhere in the season then everyone will be critising Mancini. If he does well, then life is good and we are top of the league hah!

It's interesting that this is the first time Given appears to have expressed some concern about geting the No 1 spot. I think the fact Hart has played the first half in pre-season shows that Mancini will go for him.

We would be mad to play a 34 year old and risk losing the best keeper in the country.

Simple solution would be to send Hart on a 3 year loan to Arsenal. Why?

Given gets 3 years as City number 1. By the end of that term Joe Hart will have had 3 more years of first team football and you have a ready made replacement. Sending him on loan to the same club for 3 years ensures that he does not have to chop and change environment every year. With the club being Arsenal it ensures that he gets experience at the highest level (regular Champions League football).

Either that or sell Given.

Does anyone believe if Given was english that Capello would have had him in 3rd in line behind green and james at the wc? Capello is no idiot, Hart isn't as good as you make him out to be, one good season with birmingham and he's the man to rest our CL qualification and title hopes on? Don't think so. Given is world class, a proven performer at the peak of his career, it's an easy decision. Just had a look at the arsenal forums and they can't believe we'd be stupid enough to sell them Given. And yes, they were interested in Hart also but only because they assumed Given would start, like anyone else with a clue about the game.

calculated said:
Does anyone believe if Given was english that Capello would have had him in 3rd in line behind green and james at the wc? Capello is no idiot, Hart isn't as good as you make him out to be, one good season with birmingham and he's the man to rest our CL qualification and title hopes on? Don't think so. Given is world class, a proven performer at the peak of his career, it's an easy decision. Just had a look at the arsenal forums and they can't believe we'd be stupid enough to sell them Given. And yes, they were interested in Hart also but only because they assumed Given would start, like anyone else with a clue about the game.

Hope you are though! :D

With Given`s experience he shouldnt of come out and said what he did.All city`s player from now on need to know its asquad game and a season can be 70 plus games.no one is going to play every week.when you get your chance perform to the highest level and chances are you`ll play next week.Even if Hart plays verses spurs he might have a shocker !Given should believe in his ability more stop being a soft arse and think about the Squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.