Glastonbury 2024

I refuse to accept you even believe what you are saying yourself
She's had 1 EP and 1 album so far. Basically four or five star reviews from pretty much every music magazine, four grammys, an Oscar nomination, best international artist at the Brits, Kill Bill was one of the biggest hits of the year, and 10 weeks at the top of the album chart in the States, going triple platinum. So yeah, I do think she's one of the biggest and most critically acclaimed new artists in the world. Which is exactly what Glastonbury is supposed to be showing.

Don't like her? Fine. But never heard of her just means you know fuck all about new music. She was on every 'best albums of 2023' list.

She's had 1 EP and 1 album so far. Basically four or five star reviews from pretty much every music magazine, four grammys, an Oscar nomination, best international artist at the Brits, Kill Bill was one of the biggest hits of the year, and 10 weeks at the top of the album chart in the States, going triple platinum. So yeah, I do think she's one of the biggest and most critically acclaimed new artists in the world. Which is exactly what Glastonbury is supposed to be showing.

Don't like her? Fine. But never heard of her just means you know fuck all about new music. She was on every 'best albums of 2023' list.
This is the what I mean. You believe what you are saying. She’s zero uk number one singles and zero uk number one albums. Who’s the last artist to headline Glastonbury with that resume?

I've watched a lot of it this weekend and highlights included James, Kasabian and Paul Heaton. As for the headliners? None of them are my cup of tea and although I tried I didn't really like them, Coldplay included. But then again you have to try and appeal to all age groups at Glastonbury. CZA might be very talented but musically it did nothing for me. Same with Seventeen. Dua Lipa. Etc etc. But there was something for everyone and they wouldn't have a festival if they just pandered to a load of old men on the internet.

SZA is one of the biggest artists in the world. Her album in 2022 was huge and really well reviewed. The fact that you've never heard of her says more about your music knowledge than Glastonbury. I'm not watching it. Maybe she's done a shit job. But purely on profile, she's exactly the sort of artist that would be given that slot.

Very incisive ignorance that….

By that measure, you might as well get Westlife and JLS to headline then.
Well the main stage is for the biggest acts. There are other stages to showcase the up and coming artists. Absolute fact is that in previous years you do not get new artists headlining and you are free to prove me wrong.

Note that oasis, arguably the biggest band out of the uk in a generation didn’t headline the main stage until well after definitely maybe and what’s the story were released

Well the main stage is for the biggest acts. There are other stages to showcase the up and coming artists. Absolute fact is that in previous years you do not get new artists headlining and you are free to prove me wrong.

Note that oasis, arguably the biggest band out of the uk in a generation didn’t headline the main stage until well after definitely maybe and what’s the story were released
It could well be argued that James has more of a right to be there tonight and plonk her on the 3 o'clock other stage slot.
In fact I'd go as far as say, most people wouldn't have batted an eye lip and said they deserved it with over 30 years of service and countless hits that everyone knows.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.