Glastonbury 2024

SZA’s striking set failed to set Glastonbury alight​

But their passion failed to ignite any magic on the Pyramid Stage.

The star drew the smallest audience I've ever seen for a Glastonbury headliner, in more than 20 years of coming to the festival.

It didn't help that, for at least the first half an hour, her microphone was both distorted and muffled - an issue for an artist whose appeal lies in the precision of her lyrics and the beauty of their jazzy vocal runs.

The 33-year-old also committed the festival sin of failing to address the crowd. Her only interaction in the show's first act was to ask if any of her "day one" fans were present.

"You know I need you, right?” she said, perhaps acknowledging that this was not her natural audience.

SZA’s striking set failed to set Glastonbury alight​

But their passion failed to ignite any magic on the Pyramid Stage.

The star drew the smallest audience I've ever seen for a Glastonbury headliner, in more than 20 years of coming to the festival.

It didn't help that, for at least the first half an hour, her microphone was both distorted and muffled - an issue for an artist whose appeal lies in the precision of her lyrics and the beauty of their jazzy vocal runs.

The 33-year-old also committed the festival sin of failing to address the crowd. Her only interaction in the show's first act was to ask if any of her "day one" fans were present.

"You know I need you, right?” she said, perhaps acknowledging that this was not her natural audience.

In the mean time Avril Lavigne rocked the other stage with one of the largest crowds for that stage.

Reactions: jrb
I think it was who has headlined before SZA without ever having a number one album or single.

Depeche have had number 1 albums, so would fulfill the criteria, even if they are to play (I don't think they ever will).
Aaah...got it now...they have had discussions. So fingers crossed...

Or maybe not if the sound problems keep going on, wouldn't want people slagging them off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.