Glastonbury 2024

My mate got caught climbing the fence at Glastonbury.

They made him go back and watch the rest of SZA...

(Never has an old joke been more appropriate)
Stan Boardman and Des O'connor with some football jokes of the mid '80's |  Football jokes, O'connor, Comedians

I thought this when I saw it live - have to say Shania breaking watershed rules was NOT on my Glasto Bingo Card

I've watched Heaton & James on the iPlayer both dropped a few F bombs, in fact Heaton actively had the crowd swearing as usual. I assume any footage shown on TV wasn't live/cut.

As for Twain....is shitty a swear word? FFS

This year's Glastonbury has passed me by some how ! I would normally watch the Sunday headline act. But since Ed Shearons one which bored the life out of me, I haven't paid it much attention.

Looks like I did well to forget as the closing headline act I've never heard of !
There wasn't much on that I liked personally, last year's seemed to have better acts on.

Its the aged old I don't know them or know anyone who listens to them so they mustn't be very big argument. I hadn't heard of Sza either when she was announced and understand why many are the same, but it's clear that her target demographic and therefore the one glastonbury are aiming the slot at are. And other's are in a minority as - shes consistently in the Spotify most monthly listened to. As a comparison in 2023 she was at 70m+ listens/plays per month compared to Elton at around 50m per month. It's generational, has it ever been any different?

Turn that racket down said every older generation since the beginning of pop music

@Kippaxpete I've seen your post on volunteering and will respond when I'm back home so it's not too kneejerk! If I'd responded at 7am Sunday after an over night shift it'd be a different response to now!

People will listen to any old shite when it's free or get given any old shite to listen to on playlists or suggestions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.