Glastonbury 2024

This year's Glastonbury has passed me by some how ! I would normally watch the Sunday headline act. But since Ed Shearons one which bored the life out of me, I haven't paid it much attention.

Looks like I did well to forget as the closing headline act I've never heard of !

SZA is one of the biggest artists in the world. Her album in 2022 was huge and really well reviewed. The fact that you've never heard of her says more about your music knowledge than Glastonbury. I'm not watching it. Maybe she's done a shit job. But purely on profile, she's exactly the sort of artist that would be given that slot.
I don't think so. I like loads of different music but I like many others of my generation had t heard of her, I'm not a big fan but Elton John fitted the profile last year and it was entertaining and the numbers of this watching would have told the story. Her set last night was relatively poorly attended and I bet the TV would be way down on last year.

I don't think so. I like loads of different music but I like many others of my generation had t heard of her, I'm not a big fan but Elton John fitted the profile last year and it was entertaining and the numbers of this watching would have told the story. Her set last night was relatively poorly attended and I bet the TV would be way down on last year.
My other half knows her music far better than me and even she said she'd never heard of her!

Me and my mrs watch it every year, seen some good stuff over that time and many memorable moments whiilst we have a tipple and enjoy the sun. It didnt feel the same this year, the headline acts werent brilliant, and Coldplay are not for us. But Tilda Swinson with Orbital was good, PJ Harvey was ok. But Saturday night really catches us, not this year.

I do wish the beeb or other channels would show some of the other less well packaged festivals.

What I can’t understand is why are Coldplay on for a 5th time, is there no one else out there that could headline? I didn’t watch Sunday night as I’ve never heard of her tbh and was watching the Spain game.
I suggested to my missus that they may announce their split and that this was one last performance at the venue they debuted at 22 years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.