Glastonbury 2024

Let’s be honest, there’s nothing new that us FOC’s like. The kids might be down with SZA on social media, but us FOC’s still want to see the biggest artists and groups live from the 80’s onwards.

My last take on it all......

Coldplay - well, I think Coldplay are shite, but I accept they do put on a show.

James - Excellent
Kasabian - Excellent

But.......Paul Heaton and Rianne Downey - just fuckin superb

And I type this as I'm watching their set on iPlayer (again for the third time)

Just something about this performance

I think it was who has headlined before SZA without ever having a number one album or single.
Yep, and there are shitloads. The Smiths, The Levellers, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Cure, Suzanne Vega, Psychedelic Furs, Level 42, Suzanne Vega, Van Morrison, Youssou N'Dour, Elvis Costello and Skunk Anansie all headlined before having a number one album or single.

And of course everyone is on social media.
Well no, but I'm saying that there's a good chance even a casual listener will have heard that song. It's absolutely fine to have not heard of her. But saying that she shouldn't headline Glastonbury because you haven't heard of her is like me saying Oppenheimer shouldn't win the Oscar because I haven't seen in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.