Global IT outage

You’re shitting me? It’s brilliant. I’m after jeans, trainers and maybe a football shirt if I’m feeling particularly saucy.

Pay day. Day off.
Been a few times and the older I get, the more I hate the place. Not just there, any kind of shopping place.

You’re looking forward to it though so enjoy your day.

Not MS afterall, looks like its a cyber security company called CloudStrike. sounds as though they did a driver update last night and its crashing windows machines at a kernel level.

Normally stuff like this would be done in a staged manor so issues wouldnt be so bad but it got pushed globally. If this is true its a fuck up of epic proportions.
this will literally be one of those if you think you're having a bad day moments, the way cloudstrike handled this update was amateurish at best and we should take away from this how fragile the system, we are one fucked update away from global meltdown.

Back in the day we only had one support question....

Have you done an IPL ? (initial program load)

If Answer No respond: "You need to do an IPL" (leaving time to find someone else to take the inevitable next call)

If Answer Yes respond: "Ah, that was your first mistake, you really should have called us first"
AS400?

Will serve all those supermarkets and restaurants that say Card only when stuff like this happens.

Back in the day we only had one support question....

Have you done an IPL ? (initial program load)

If Answer No respond: "You need to do an IPL" (leaving time to find someone else to take the inevitable next call)

If Answer Yes respond: "Ah, that was your first mistake, you really should have called us first"
bloody hell you went above and beyond, back in my day the first question was have you tried turning it off and on again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.