Glory hunters...

WoahMancini said:
Would I be considered a glory hunter? I really do not think so personally...

I have been a hardcore fan since the season of 2010-2011 in which we won the FA Cup on Yaya Toure's goal. I have been a casual fan a few seasons before that. That being said, I have never been a fan of any English Football club other than our very own Manchester City. I currently live in Ontario, Canada, close to Toronto where we have our very own Manchester City Supporters Club Toronto. I hardly ever miss a single match, and if I do, I download the match later on in the day. I schedule around game times and game days and I am hyped for the game days for the entire week. I am a teenager, so I am not aware of so much of the history, but I have watched season review videos from seasons years ago and I love to watch Shaun Goater videos on YouTube. Last season was a roller-coaster and it got very emotional. I follow this team with an insane passion! on May 13th of last season, Aguero's goal was probably THE BEST moment of my life. I had tears of joy and bursting emotion, and my eyes had watered prior to Dzeko's goal, as I was losing hope. Well anyway, the point is that City is in my heart, I follow and support the club with a passion. My favourite former City player is Elano and on the current squad, I have grown to love Aguero, Dzeko and Clichy, along with the rest of the club.

Sorry for all that, but on a rare occasion I am called a glory hunter. I don't know what exactly football fans would call a glory hunter, but I do not think I am.

One of my mates follow NFL, a Green Bay supporting american guy in London called him a "cupcake fan" for supporting the wrong team.. :-)

But to answer your question, many on here, me included started supporting City during a very positive era that saw us win the league, domestic cups and even get some european glory.
Where we gloryhunters? You bet we where..and today we bragg about those days to impress the youngsters because the gloryhunter of yesterday is the genuine article of today.

I don't see what the problem is I was a Stretford red Sox fan from 1992 for a few years, but then changed to arsenal, then Blackburn for a season, then back to my beloved red sox, then back to arsenal, then red sox, then Chelsea, then back to red sox, then to man city, am now city through and through, i am no glory hunter, just like to support the team that's winning

WoahMancini said:

I have been a hardcore fan since the season of 2010-2011 in which we won the FA Cup on Yaya Toure's goal. I have been a casual fan a few seasons before that. That being said, I have never been a fan of any English Football club other than our very own Manchester City. I currently live in Ontario, Canada, close to Toronto where we have our very own Manchester City Supporters Club Toronto. I hardly ever miss a single match, and if I do, I download the match later on in the day. I schedule around game times and game days and I am hyped for the game days for the entire week. I am a teenager, so I am not aware of so much of the history, but I have watched season review videos from seasons years ago and I love to watch Shaun Goater videos on YouTube. Last season was a roller-coaster and it got very emotional. I follow this team with an insane passion! on May 13th of last season, Aguero's goal was probably THE BEST moment of my life. I had tears of joy and bursting emotion, and my eyes had watered prior to Dzeko's goal, as I was losing hope. Well anyway, the point is that City is in my heart, I follow and support the club with a passion. My favourite former City player is Elano and on the current squad, I have grown to love Aguero, Dzeko and Clichy, along with the rest of the club.

Sorry for all that, but on a rare occasion I am called a glory hunter. I don't know what exactly football fans would call a glory hunter, but I do not think I am.

It's not so much the hunting of glory that annoys the regular matchgoer, more so the culture in which Daytripper types bring to matches...Tending not to sing, and just take photographs.
Also the fear factor of eventually being priced out of going to the match due to Daytrippers having higher disposable incomes.

if you came to the stadium soon, sang your heart out and shown your commitment to the cause...I can't see nobody having a problem with you.

if you came along with 6 of your mates and just fannied about for the whole game, taking pics at every single angle and not even concerned about which team is winning or losing....you will get supporters annoyed.

Why Always Ste said:
WoahMancini said:

It's not so much the hunting of glory that annoys the regular matchgoer, more so the culture in which Daytripper types bring to matches...Tending not to sing, and just take photographs.
Also the fear factor of eventually being priced out of going to the match due to Daytrippers having higher disposable incomes.

if you came to the stadium soon, sang your heart out and shown your commitment to the cause...I can't see nobody having a problem with you.

if you came along with 6 of your mates and just fannied about for the whole game, taking pics at every single angle and not even concerned about which team is winning or losing....you will get supporters annoyed.

Come on mate there are plenty of so called regular matchgoer's that don't sing or are you talking about Hardcore singing which you like ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.