Glory hunters...

Yep, i know a few stockport county middle aged lads who switched over to us in the last 2 seasons.

One went to dortmund the other day in fact.

Anyone who can't remember getting a City reserve match programme for one old penny at Maine Road is a johnny come lately for me.

You need to get used to it soon boy's the lad sat next to you may well be changing over the next few years, Stadium expansion won't stop it it's just a reality that will happen.

citykev28 said:
three from my work in hull. one lad 'supported' liverpool for all the time i knew him (about 3 years) then one morning he just turns up in an arsenal shirt. everyone took the piss and he saw his arse claiming "i can support who i want".

the second was a lad who always wore newcastle shirts until hull city got promoted but now has a season ticket and a tiger badge tattoo. phoney fucker.

the third is the best. a plastic rag. wore united shirts for the 7-8 years i've known him until again, hull city's promotion. now has a season ticket at the KC. he still gives me shit occasionally about city but less so these days because i make a **** of him every time.

the best conversation was when i asked him who he prefered out of the two and he said both! i asked him "if hull were playing united on the last day of the season and needed 3 points to stay up, who would you want to win?" obviously he said hull city. then i asked "if hull were safe but united needed the points to win the league, who would you want to win?" he said united this time. i then asked if they both needed the points, who then? he couldn't answer. i told him he was a fuckwit who supported neither club.

F-----t what a wonderful word .

bobmcfc said:
I've decided I might move to Stockport to be closer to my own kind.

Stockport , "a town build in a hole in the ground" - every road into Stockport is down hill .<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:37 am --<br /><br />
Ladybarn Blue . said:
bobmcfc said:
I've decided I might move to Stockport to be closer to my own kind.

Stockport , "a town build in a hole in the ground" - every road into Stockport is down hill .

SORRY ,

" a town built in a hole in the ground".

Josh Blue said:
With people worried about the club picking up a load of band wagon jumping glory hunters I was wondering does anyone know any GROWN men change the club they support? How can this happen, surely glory hunters are all young impressional kids?

Has a man ever supported say.. Charlton and when they got relegated thought fuck it, i'll be a Man Utd fan?

Millions of 'em! And not just Charlton. Millions of fans who haven't a chance of much in their footballing world always seem to have a default and the default is MANUre!

What no one want to acknowledge is the fact that one survey made by the premier league showed that about 30% of the attendance in the league doesn´t care about what clubs they watch.
They just want good football..or entertainment perhaps

Are they gloryhunters? Hardly..
Are they locals?..More likely than not

I think this condemnation of glory hunters is all a complete load of old bollocks.

There are some people who are passionate supporters who don't mind travelling to see a shite City team play an even shiter Oxford United in the pissing rain. Fair play to them.

There are others - like me - who have been a City fan for donkeys years (46 years, to be exact), but with the pressures of work and family and living 200 miles away, don't get to go to many games any more and had kindof lost interest.

Over the past 5 years my interest has been rekindled and am I really excited about City again and love going to games again.

Is this a fucking sin??? You'd think so, from some of the daft comments on here. Isn't this what "the project" is all about - restoring City to its former glory and establishing us as one of the worlds top clubs; one of the world's MOST POPULAR clubs?

To not welcome fans such as me is to not welcome ADUG, because that's what the ADUG investment is all about. It is not about taking the 25,000 hard core, die hard fans on a marvellous journey with no-one else on board.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.