Glory hunters...

I was a glory hunter. I had chance to watch Barca play few matches and like their entertaining football. I catched up with them for a while but you know it is not easy to be glory hunter when your heart has already occupied or maybe I not tried it hard enough.

What is the difference between a grown man deciding to swap teams because he wants to be associated with a successful team and a grown man reaching adulthood, knowing that he 'chose' to support a team as a child purely because they were a successful team and yet not deciding to do the honourable thing and break with his pathetic, childhood need for success and dedicating himself to a team that actually has a connection to him?

None, imo.

Both scenarios see adults supporting a team because they are successful.

Yet the second scenario is held up by gloryhunters everywhere as some sort of justification. And they actually use it as some sort of badge of honour, wanting you to acknowledge their 'loyalty' and seeing themselves as being a "proper fan" because they "don't change their team".

Bollocks imo

Indeed, what they SHOULD do, is live miserable lives following a team that they don't really want to because people on the internet think they are somehow better than them.

Grow up you bunch of tits.

Damocles said:
Indeed, what they SHOULD do, is live miserable lives following a team that they don't really want to people on the internet think they are somehow better than them.

Damocles said:
Indeed, what they SHOULD do, is live miserable lives following a team that they don't really want to because people on the internet think they are somehow better than them.

What? This thread is discussing people who are adults and have willingly supported a team all their life then suddenly decide switch to another. Eh Mancio.

Yes this thread that says "I will decide what team it is okay for people to support and under what circumstances"

Damocles said:
Yes this thread that says "I will decide what team it is okay for people to support and under what circumstances"
Seeing as you used quotations marks, i assume someone has said that in this thread? So if you can point me to wherever that is said, then i will apologies

Have you ever read a book?

Am I to believe that you've never seen quotation marks used in the first person narrative/character voice before?

When someone is described as an "I'm alright, Jack" person, do you believe that they actually said "I'm alright Jack"?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.