GMP Declare War on Cyclists

Phil Meup said:
Ducado said:
And the backfiring thread of the year goes to.........................
Sadly I'm not at all surprised by the reaction of some of the morons on here. That's a lot of the problem: people don't realise how vulnerable cyclists are.

Oh, and the years not over yet!

you're never going to get any sympathy from most car drivers, they see us as a nuisance as they're too stupid to negotiate passing us safely, when another metal box is in front it's easier to work out. Plus they just think about the couple of idiots on bikes not the other 98% of us

I have no issue with cyclists, but they are not exempt from the law. If the motorist is driving dangerously he should be punished as should the cyclist, don't see the problem.

Phil Meup said:
Ducado said:
Sadly I'm not at all surprised by the reaction of some of the morons on here. That's a lot of the problem: people don't realise how vulnerable cyclists are.

-- Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:57 pm --

urmston said:
Given the huge amounts of death, injury and destruction caused by motorists and the tiny amount caused by cyclists any policeman spending any of his shift specifically looking for badly behaved cyclists should be dismissed as incompetent and for wasting public money.

There aren't many mums sat at home dreading Christmas because their son or daughter has been killed by a cyclist this year.
You've summed it up brilliantly urmston.
Can't find anything on the accident - there was an unmarked car with flashing lights - but I didn't make it up.
I hate cyclists but don't mind people who cycle [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBFFrsvgu1Y[/youtube]

Phil Meup said:
Ducado said:

-- Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:57 pm --

urmston said:
Given the huge amounts of death, injury and destruction caused by motorists and the tiny amount caused by cyclists any policeman spending any of his shift specifically looking for badly behaved cyclists should be dismissed as incompetent and for wasting public money.

There aren't many mums sat at home dreading Christmas because their son or daughter has been killed by a cyclist this year.
You've summed it up brilliantly urmston.
Can't find anything on the accident - there was an unmarked car with flashing lights - but I didn't make it up.

I'm neither a driver or a cyclist but both should be punished if they act like cunts.

Sod the roads, fallowfield loop for me which in itself carries its own dangers of nobhead dog owners and their unleashed mutts...

Phil Meup said:
Just heard on Capital that police in Manchester are stopping cyclists that are riding 'dangerously' & fining some £50. Great idea to target the innocent!just seen a bike crushed by a car on Wilbrham Road: bet the police gave the driver a reward. Fkin sickens me.
On a serious note, really hope the rider isnt too badly hurt.
What are you talking about? The two things dont correlate, cyclists riding dangerously are therefore not innocent.

Why can't we all just look out for each other.

Yes there is limited space on the road but taking an extra 15-20 secs to get passed a cyclist really isn't going to effect your day.

And cyclists shouldn't be on the pavements or jumping red lights.

This country does need better cycling areas

I cycle regularly at weekends and consider I have had a good ride if I get home in one piece without having a near death experience. One of the worst I have had was coming face to face with a hurtling milk lorry on a narrow country lane. Taking the hedge was always going to be the softer option and I only had a few scratches to show for it. Needless to say the milk lorry carried on regardless.

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
Phil Meup said:
Just heard on Capital that police in Manchester are stopping cyclists that are riding 'dangerously' & fining some £50. Great idea to target the innocent!just seen a bike crushed by a car on Wilbrham Road: bet the police gave the driver a reward. Fkin sickens me.
On a serious note, really hope the rider isnt too badly hurt.
What are you talking about? The two things dont correlate, cyclists riding dangerously are therefore not innocent.

He did put
Phil Meup said:
cyclists that are riding 'dangerously'
to be fair

This may have come about due to the 6 cyclists who was killed in london in the last 2 weeks. I can't remember who said it on tv earlier, but someone now wants hgv's banned at rush hour in london because of what's happened. I drive a car and also have a van for work, but love cycling as a hobby weather permitting.

I was stood outside temple meads bristol on tuesday waiting for a mate, during rush hour about 5 ish.Traffic was busy as expected, and i could see cyclists in the flow of traffic.Some of the cars etc was really cutting up the cyclists and this was approaching a roundabout .It was dark and the cars etc didn't give a fuck they just wanted to get where they was going to.

There is no way i would have cycled at that time in the centre, everyone is in a rush at that time of day. I'd have gone via the pavement, or walked with the bike.

How many of you lot against cyclists would be ok with your kids wife etc cycling through a city centre or major rd, if you actually spent 5 mins to see what goes on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.