Goal difference

Also their hunt for goals will leave them open to a counter. Hopefully we can beat Newcastle before they host Swansea and they will have to go for goals and get picked off by the Swans. Will be so much nicer going into QPR match with a 3 point lead and 8 or 9 goals better off

Blue>Red said:
more worried about not beating the toon first

The toon will be spent they play tommorrow while we rest and then again on Sunday. With our squad we should beat them. Remember Micah, Balotelli, Dzeko didnt even start yesterday.

We play first on Sunday. If we have dropped points against Newcastle, they don't need to win by 4 or 5, a 1-0 win is enough for them. If we beat Newcastle, you may see the rags hurtling forward trying to score 4 or 5 against Swansea, but if they do they will leave themselves open at the back. They might score 5 but they might let in 2. Then again, they might let in 4 like they did against Everton.

Newcastle and QPR both have to go for the win, so there is more of a chance they will leave spaces open for us to exploit, especially if we play with the same front 6 - and I think we will.

You're right not to be complacent, none of us are, and it isn't impossible that the rags will do it, but it really isn't at all likely that we will win twice and they will overtake us on goal difference.

Six points and its ours.

sam-caddick said:
I am not ruling out Uniteds weaker goal difference just yet because I do have a feeling they will go on goal rampages for their remaining last 2 games.
Judging by their recent form I don't think United have the quality or belief to go on a rampage. I'm sure they'll concede the odd goal too.

didactic said:
Blue>Red said:
more worried about not beating the toon first

The toon will be spent they play tommorrow while we rest and then again on Sunday. With our squad we should beat them. Remember Micah, Balotelli, Dzeko didnt even start yesterday.

I dont think Dzeko will play another minute this season

Even if we only won both games by one goal then they would need two 5-0 wins.

Very unlikely but one reason I would assume why Mancini was so unhappy with Aguero's miss at Wolves when one on one with 10 mins to go.

I think if needed we have 2/3 goals in us on the last day if needed.

Ideal scenario would be a decent win at Newcastle to get the GD to plus 10.

Calm down, they won't overhaul a (minimum) 10 goal diffence over 2 matches, and we'll win on goal difference. I just hope it's by 5 goals, that being the defecit at the swamp. It will just make the win even sweeter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.