Goals you still Remember

uwe_returns said:
Cheers....yeah sounds like that could be the one. certainly remember it as a game we fell behind, if we'd just lost to York and back to back home 0-0 that explains the crowd frustration. 15 years ago...bloody hell!

be interested to know if anyone else remembers that game and this crunching Brown tackle jolted the kippax into getting into full voice?

I remember the game but the winner more than the tackle - Gareth Taylor glancing header into the goal at the Platt Lane end. Now you mention it there was something that seemed to galvanise everyone. Can't remember who scored the other though. That coming off the win at Wrexham two days earlier started the run to Wembley. I'll always think that the last 25 minutes of the Stoke game was when everyone started believing again that we could go up after a shite first half of the season.

Super Ricky Holden against Wimbledon back at maine road.the ball came through and he was in front of the keeper and it just hit his shin and went in the back of the net in about the 90 th min.it was a awful game but Ricky celebrated like he had scored the best of his career!

There have been some great shouts here.

Heres a few crackers:

Kaziu Deyna 79/80 Borrusia Munchengladbach)(L1-3) A screaming volley from a bout 6 yards. Utter genius

Dennis Tueart 81/82 Villa (W1-0) great header after a quick free kick sending Kippax crazie.

Jim Tolmie 83/83 v Barnsley(W3-2).. running from half way line and calmly putting past keeper. Felt sick with excitement after watching the dirge season before.

Nicky Reid (83/84) v Portsmouth (W2-1) Graham Baker I think hit a fifty yarder in stoppage time which hit the bar and Nicky Reid was the only one to follow the rebound up with a header past the keeper Knight. Really funny but unforgettable as Nicky Reid was well below par that season.

Jim Tolmie 83/84 v Brighton (w4-0) Again running past whole defence and sending Joe Corrigan (Brightons Goalie!!) the wrong way. The Kippax went mental.
Sean Goater 99/00 Blackburn (W1-4) The move prior to this was fabulous.

And of coarse as people have posted before, The best was surely the Trevor Francis goal v Wolves to go top of the league xmas 81. That Christmas atmos and the bumper crowd made it probably the best ive seen. Kevin Bonds equiliser against Everton after Trevor Francis got sent off comes close too.

When Neville passed to Goater!

1:23

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCMaZ8RNTio[/youtube]

Michael Tarnat Freekick v Blackburn

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_1LJmUITTA[/youtube]

Jon Macken header to make 3-4 against spurs away in FA cup 2004 with just 10 men after going 3-0 down. Perfect header back across goal, almost away from goal to avoid stretching keeper before finding its way into top corner. Me and about 8 others (all strangers to each other) sat in an otherwise empty pub went mental for about 10 minutes.

Arthur Albiston's own goal for City against the filth at the swamp in 1986 -has to be the best own goal for City ever.
I remember being at a kid's party aged 7 and being told we were losing 2-0 and couldn't believe it when I heard it finished 2-2. It was the best feeling ever at the time.

fiddlesticksblue said:
Ian Brightwell's equaliser at swamp - sat in Streford End seats with my mate and we both celebrated and were amazed how many other blues there were around us who got up to cheer too!

That was the return fixture of the 5-1. It was unthinkable we could lose that match having thrashed them so comprehensively earlier in the season. When asked about the goal on TV after the match Brighty said "I just wellied it."

marcus said:
Probably my first memory would be a Trevor Francis header against whom I have no recollection. It was sunny so guessing either a home game either at the beginning or end of the season. Sorry that doesn't help does it. It seamed to be from a very tight angle.

A memory for the place rocking was when wanchope scored against Newcastle at the Etihad to effectively ensure safety. Evn the Colin bell where I sit was bouncing and the noise coming down the Curley wurleys with every one singing "best team in the land" sent shivers down my spine.

Also , Keith curles equalising pen at OT. 'twas my birthday, I'd written my car off on the M5 earlier that day so I had a neck brace on. Hospital said, take it easy. Fuck me the whole paddock was going delirious including me.

Ooh Curley wurley, ooh Curley wurley
Fuck off back to London
Elton Wesley, your a wanker your a wanker

Last pen we have had at the swamp?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.