Golf Thread

LOL. I’d be willing to bet the US will underperform, get waxed in the foursomes like always, enter the singles down, then be unable to make up the deficit. Also Europe has the best player on the planet right now. There’s not one galavanizer among the Americans, and it certainly isn’t going to be Steve Stricker, nor any of the rookies (though I think Scheffler is going to be a star some day). As non-Yanks perhaps don’t know, there are millions of American golfers who while outwardly rooting for “USA, USA” secretly don’t mind if Europe wins, because Europeans play as a team, and Americans play as individuals. One of them is writing this post.
Youre describing american teams of years past with mickelson and tiger ruling the roost.

this has a feeling of the new guard with spieth and thomas emerging as the leaders and some great fresh blood who i thunk will buy in.

ill give you koepka, dechambeau and dustin johnson as players who i dont see buying in to it and its beneath them. But the other 9 i think are just far too good and too young to not perform. Plus europe is filled with mediocrity or players too far past their best.

the only chance europe has is the weather. If the wind blows we have a chance.

Youre describing american teams of years past with mickelson and tiger ruling the roost.

this has a feeling of the new guard with spieth and thomas emerging as the leaders and some great fresh blood who i thunk will buy in.

ill give you koepka, dechambeau and dustin johnson as players who i dont see buying in to it and its beneath them. But the other 9 i think are just far too good and too young to not perform. Plus europe is filled with mediocrity or players too far past their best.

the only chance europe has is the weather. If the wind blows we have a chance.
I love Justin Thomas and Jordan Spieth, but neither are leaders of men. Tony Finau could be. But he doesn't close the deal quite enough on Tour. Morikawa though . . . he's a pressure player. Could he drive the team forward? Xander maybe? I'm not sure.

Europe has no pressure -- they aren't expected to get anything, and they relish the underdog role, or have historically. Chemistry is huge because on any given day, any of these guys can beat each other over a single match. If the Ryder Cup were a four day stroke play event Europe wouldn't have much of a chance. But it isn't. So I think they win, because I think they'll support each other more meaningfully. And Poulter may be old and past it, but he has an awfully good record in the RC, and Americans dislike him. He can be a thorn in their side.

I love Justin Thomas and Jordan Spieth, but neither are leaders of men. Tony Finau could be. But he doesn't close the deal quite enough on Tour. Morikawa though . . . he's a pressure player. Could he drive the team forward? Xander maybe? I'm not sure.

Europe has no pressure -- they aren't expected to get anything, and they relish the underdog role, or have historically. Chemistry is huge because on any given day, any of these guys can beat each other over a single match. If the Ryder Cup were a four day stroke play event Europe wouldn't have much of a chance. But it isn't. So I think they win, because I think they'll support each other more meaningfully. And Poulter may be old and past it, but he has an awfully good record in the RC, and Americans dislike him. He can be a thorn in their side.
Poulter had a good record up till 2012. Hes been shit since then. If europe are pinning their hopes on poulter then were fucked.

Like the matchups except rory / poulter. Cant help feel poulter is going to hinder rory in fourball. Poults has the worst ballstriking stats out of team europe. Surely hatton would have been a better fit.

excited for Rahm / Garcia

Harrington just picks his mates and players he’s played with. I think Rahm and Garcia can get at Speith and Thomas but the rest better be saying their prayers. Westwood and Fitzpatrick deary me.

Like the matchups except rory / poulter. Cant help feel poulter is going to hinder rory in fourball. Poults has the worst ballstriking stats out of team europe. Surely hatton would have been a better fit.

excited for Rahm / Garcia
Hatton pulled out of the BMW two weeks ago so I wonder if there’s something not right there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.