Good choice of discount from the club

So about a third only is sold via points?

You shouldn't almost a 4,000 point leap compared to last year. What will the theme be? Possibly a Jurrasic tube trip buffet featuring Gunnersaurus?

This is the last season of these 'discounts', it is a very short term solution which helps keep prices high in the medium term. A pathetic token effort by the Premier League.

The FB sire is 95% good. However, there are points whores who use it for no other reason than maintaining their points. They shouldn't be allowed to post points before tickets are on sale.
Don't see how it will stop point whoring,they just advertise later
There' will always be point whores if demand outstrips supply,sadly I think the cause of it is the clubs distribution of far too many tickets to corporates and the like but we can point the finger at the point whores because they are more visible,but the cause is more of a concern

Don't see how it will stop point whoring,they just advertise later
There' will always be point whores if demand outstrips supply,sadly I think the cause of it is the clubs distribution of far too many tickets to corporates and the like but we can point the finger at the point whores because they are more visible,but the cause is more of a concern

I agree it won't go away, but the club could stop it stone dead for those people using their own names and blatantly doing it before tickets are even on sale by taking all of their points off them.

I know plenty of people on here do well out of obtaining tickets from the 'points whores' as they are known on here but the club really need to look at the situation. If they are going to take extra money off season card holders to become platinum members and therefore get double points and then ask members to go on cup schemes to get extra points, they then have to look at what they are actually selling us. Last year I got a ticket for Arsenal. I get a platinum card and join every cup scheme. I go to a number of away games. Basically, I've jumped through every hoop the club have put up for me and this season I find that I am 3,000 points off getting an Arsenal ticket. Something isn't adding up.
With regards to the 'whores', the club must see that the problem stands out like a sore thumb. Both champs league games sell out on high points. Suddenly, you have to have your name on your ticket for the Juventus game and they are on general sale and in danger of not even selling out. It's high time the club made everyone pick up their tickets personally in the away city (not feasible for domestic games but easily doable for European aways, I've been doing it for years with England).
I'm sure many will disagree with me but it's pretty demoralising seeing yourself going backwards in the pecking order every season.

I think the way the club do it is better than some others though. £2/£3 off every away game means nothing at all. I think this one directly rewards the fans who go to all/most games whatever the day and kick off time.

I prefer it the way City do it on the face of it as it's more noticeable than a few quid every game but it's easier to abuse this way. Would never happen but i'd rather they gave the discount after the game.

Ticket criteria is a joke. I've been to Arsenal away for the past 4/5 years at least, i've only missed the derby in the league so far this season but i doubt i'll be getting a ticket for this as there's no way the criteria is going further down, everybody that can, will buy a ticket. for themselves or otherwise. Have no problem if there is 2900 people ahead of me, The problem lies with how many are genuinely being sold through the standard procedure and how many do corporate get.

I missed out on Chelsea last year for the first time ever, this year it looks like i'll miss out on Arsenal too for the first time ever. It's so obvious what is happening. I'd have more respect and acceptance of it if they came out and said how many they are giving to corporate and sponsors, it's the way they are doing it without coming clean about it that really irks me.

I said on here last season that tickets for away games were increasingly difficult to obtain. I went to four away games, Sunderland, Stoke, Palace and Swansea.

I'll be surprised if I get to more than one this season, Sunderland, which is, like last season, a mid week game, but I'm not holding my breath about it.

A few years ago you could pick and choose your away games apart from the swamp and Anfield, but as you say, it is demoralising that your points total, after years and years of watching City, doesn't count for much anymore.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I've seen my points total mean less and less each season over the last few years, and I'm not expecting that situation improve anytime soon.

If we get to Wembley for a cup final, it's going to be interesting, to say the least, how many points will be required to buy a ticket!

Really wish they hadn't reduced this one. They did it last year for Arsenal and may have even done it year before. Arsenal are allowed to get away with ripping fans off and if the club keeps subsidising this Arsenal are only going to put the price up. The media seems to refuse to attack Arsenal over the prices and only the other year were having ago at Hull for Charging Arsenal fans £62 for a Monday night game.

As for the allocation starting at 16,000 points that just shows it is starting to take the piss. I have missed 2 away games in the last 4 years but soon even my points aren't going to be enough.

This is what gives that fb site a bad name and should be cut out. Advertising 2 spares when they ain't even on sale yet!

2iblurq.jpg

Stevieask
The c/s manager I spoke to wasn't having the name on the tickets as a reason these are not selling well, more the fact that we had qualified and it was close to Christmas!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.