good debate - gone off track

Re: A big Thanks to the Dicks Singing M****h -

el blue said:
Matty said:
Sometimes you can end a debate by saying "Well, this is my opinion, that's yours, lets just agree that we both feel we're right and move on". However, in those situations, there is ambiguity with regards as to who is actually wrong and who is right, there's a 'grey area'. There's NO grey area regarding the M*nich chants, they're wrong. There's no defending them. The people who make the chants, and those who defend their right to, are wrong. The majority of City fans think so, the club think so, World football thinks so. At some point you'd think this would be realised.

There is of course the point that ****** chanting isn't really that big a part of MCFC culture and that by banging on about this your inflating the issue and causing the club more damage.
And we're back to the "It's actually the fault of those who say it's wrong to make the chants than the chanters themselves" argument, flawed in oh so many ways.

Matty said:
halpo123 said:
yeah you`ve got your opinion and to be honest its a worthy one,its just that i think its a crock of shit but hey we`re all entitled to opinions!peace man
The fact you feel it's a "crock of shit" kind of sums you up as a person more than you'd care to believe.
have you any freinds at all or are they scared off by your totall unwillingness to chill the fuck out

Matty said:
M18CTID said:
So what you're now saying is that you've never laughed at or forwarded as text message that mocks the death of somebody famous? Do you seriously expect me to believe that?
Do you know me?

Have you ever met me?

The answer to both the above is no. So, based on that, you're in no position to say whether I have or haven't sent such texts/emails. Clearly I've received them, but you can't do anything about texts and emails people send to you.

I don't personally find death all that funny. I wasn't particularly cut up when Jade Goody died, for example, I thought she was an idiotic and repugnant person when she was alive so the fact she'd died didn't really change that, but I also didn't take any great satisfaction in her death or see it as something humorous.

Now now, there's no need to be facetious. No, I don't know you and no, I've never met you but I don't believe for one minute that you've never forwarded on an e-mail or text, or at least laughed at a joke your mates have told you mocking someone's death. If you can honestly say with your hand on your heart that you've never done any of those things in your whole life then that probably puts you in a minority of 1 person on the whole of this board.

Few people find death funny, but many people tell jokes about it - like it or not, that's the reality of the world we live in.

Matty said:
halpo123 said:
yeah you`ve got your opinion and to be honest its a worthy one,its just that i think its a crock of shit but hey we`re all entitled to opinions!peace man
The fact you feel it's a "crock of shit" kind of sums you up as a person more than you'd care to believe.

Matty. That's why you get called sanctimonious.

You pontificate, you really do.

When it comes down to it, some of our supporters think it's more important to have a go at United than it is to protect or maintain the reputation of City.

It's a shame, but I doubt they're the brightest if they can't come up with a better insult than something that happened 50 odd years ago.

I wasn't going to bother commenting on in this subject as we should all know right from wrong, it's a basic human acheivement which make living easier.

Their are some people on bluemoon who will one day kick themselves (and they will) for there views, this is also another of lifes processes and it's called learning. Please please please don't embarass the one's who don't mind popping there City shirt on whilst in public, have we not had enough embarrassing moments as City fans as it is? Think on!!

Matty said:
True_Blue69 said:
Ill be honest with you, I think you talk a load of shite and after the post you made a few pages back (quoted below) I cant take anything you say seriously.
I'll be honest with you too, your opinion of me doesn't matter a fuck to me. If you're the kind of neanderthal who makes those chants then I'm quite happy to have absolutely fuck all to do with you. Jade Goody died a while back, how about popping down to her house in Essex and chanting how much of a cow she was and how you're glad she died to her kids........

I'd imagine you can't take my posts seriously because there's no-one there to explain them to you.

Its like you are saying that we are singing these songs directly to the families themselves. Thats not the case. the majority of the scum dont even know how many of them died in that crash and could hardly name three or four.

M18CTID said:
Matty said:
M18CTID said:
So what you're now saying is that you've never laughed at or forwarded as text message that mocks the death of somebody famous? Do you seriously expect me to believe that?
Do you know me?

Have you ever met me?

The answer to both the above is no. So, based on that, you're in no position to say whether I have or haven't sent such texts/emails. Clearly I've received them, but you can't do anything about texts and emails people send to you.

I don't personally find death all that funny. I wasn't particularly cut up when Jade Goody died, for example, I thought she was an idiotic and repugnant person when she was alive so the fact she'd died didn't really change that, but I also didn't take any great satisfaction in her death or see it as something humorous.

Now now, there's no need to be facetious. No, I don't know you and no, I've never met you but I don't believe for one minute that you've never forwarded on an e-mail or text, or at least laughed at a joke your mates have told you mocking someone's death. If you can honestly say with your hand on your heart that you've never done any of those things in your whole life then that probably puts you in a minority of 1 person on the whole of this board.

Few people find death funny, but many people tell jokes about it - like it or not, that's the reality of the world we live in.

Of course we've all laughed at a genuinely funny joke about something that we really know in our heart of hearts we shouldn't be laughing at but that's the nature of humour. But if you can't see the difference between laughing at a joke, however black, and deliberately taunting someone else face-to-face about death then I despair.

So anyone who can't see anything wrong, then when you've got to go to the funeral of a close family member, maybe one of your grandparents or parents, then let me know and I'll come along and sing a song mocking them and letting you know that I'm glad they've died. And if you get offended then tough titty; it's a free country.

Jim1980 said:
Matty said:
True_Blue69 said:
Ill be honest with you, I think you talk a load of shite and after the post you made a few pages back (quoted below) I cant take anything you say seriously.
I'll be honest with you too, your opinion of me doesn't matter a fuck to me. If you're the kind of neanderthal who makes those chants then I'm quite happy to have absolutely fuck all to do with you. Jade Goody died a while back, how about popping down to her house in Essex and chanting how much of a cow she was and how you're glad she died to her kids........

I'd imagine you can't take my posts seriously because there's no-one there to explain them to you.

Its like you are saying that we are singing these songs directly to the families themselves. Thats not the case. the majority of the scum dont even know how many of them died in that crash and could hardly name three or four.
This is easily the most fucking stupid post I've ever read on here. How do you know who you're singing the songs to? How do you know that some members of the family aren't there or even some of the survivors (some of who still go to United matches regularly)?

To use your example, most people won't know anyone who died in the Holocaust or the Thailand tsunami. So is it OK to sing songs about these events?

I actually knew someone, a friend of the family, who died in that crash so even as a blue, I find it totally offensive. And City's Life President Sidney Rose was one of the doctors who helped treat the victims and i know, from talking to him before the 50th anniversary, that he still finds the memories very painful. Like it or not, it's part of their history. There's lots you can throw at them about the way they've dealt with it but singing about the deaths themselves is totally off limits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.