good debate - gone off track

Re: A big Thanks to the Dicks Singing M****h -

Every time you use the term "retarded" you lose more credibility in my eyes.

My 13 year old nephew uses that term as an insult.

emotionally retarded? read my post again and don`t just respond with an insult
thats just lashing out .I`ve sympathy with what happened i know blokes who to this day
have that side down as the best they ever saw (bollocks in my opinion) but who am i to argue im too young.

Didsbury Dave said:
Every time you use the term "retarded" you lose more credibility in my eyes.

My 13 year old nephew uses that term as an insult.

When the people I'm dealing with seem to feel chanting about people dying is acceptable/funny I suddenly find whether they feel I've got 'credibility' or not is less and less important to me.

It's nice to see that people have their priorities straight though, defend to the hilt people's right to stand up with the World to see and chant about death (in the process bring all kinds of negative publicity upon the club we all claim to support) but clamber right up on that high horse at the use of the word 'retarded' on an internet forum.

In any case, I think you'll find I DIDN'T call him retarded, I called him 'emotionally retarded' which is something entirely different.

halpo123 said:
thats just lashing out .I`ve sympathy with what happened i know blokes who to this day
have that side down as the best they ever saw (bollocks in my opinion) but who am i to argue im too young.
I was responding to a post you made calling me a 'sanctimonious twat' and it's YOU who then accuses me of lashing out?

By the way M18CTID, ^ this is the definition of hypocracy, just in case you were wondering.....

Matty said:
halpo123 said:
I was responding to a post you made calling me a 'sanctimonious twat' and it's YOU who then accuses me of lashing out?

By the way M18CTID, ^ this is the definition of hypocracy, just in case you were wondering.....
give it up kid you are sanctimonious look at the dictionary.I can sympathise with your original post but your now so sure your right your unable to give anybody elses opinion the time of day .Shame because this is one of the better topics on here lately

halpo123 said:
Matty said:
halpo123 said:

give it up kid you are sanctimonious look at the dictionary.I can sympathise with your original post but your now so sure your right your unable to give anybody elses opinion the time of day .Shame because this is one of the better topics on here lately
I don't need a dictionary cheers, I'm well aware what sanctimonious means. Feeling calling United fans M*nichs is acceptable, whatever your reasons is however 'emotionally retarded' so I stand by my statement as well.

Sometimes you can end a debate by saying "Well, this is my opinion, that's yours, lets just agree that we both feel we're right and move on". However, in those situations, there is ambiguity with regards as to who is actually wrong and who is right, there's a 'grey area'. There's NO grey area regarding the M*nich chants, they're wrong. There's no defending them. The people who make the chants, and those who defend their right to, are wrong. The majority of City fans think so, the club think so, World football thinks so. At some point you'd think this would be realised.

halpo123 said:
singing ****** songs is neither big nor clever,whilst referring to them as ******* in my book is ok.*****

halpo123 said:
halpo123 said:
singing ****** songs is neither big nor clever,whilst referring to them as ******* in my book is ok.i`d never come out with it in front of rags of a certain age say 40 years on but the majority shed a few crocodile tears every anniversary and have no idea ,Look they tried to head us off with Frank Swift last time like we did`nt know,i knew and most blues knew,it was those inward looking muppets who did`nt
Like i say its not big and its not clever but when they give it out about MVF( like i heard last sunday) plus the despicable things i`ve heard recently about hillsborogh then i`ve zero sympathy
at the end of the day the lads singing ****** songs are`nt old enough to remember the air disaster and are only doing it to annoy them . The same cannot said about the men in black who remember only to well.
I`m preety sure if bradford were a challenge to them they`d resort to even greater depths *****

Matty said:
Sometimes you can end a debate by saying "Well, this is my opinion, that's yours, lets just agree that we both feel we're right and move on". However, in those situations, there is ambiguity with regards as to who is actually wrong and who is right, there's a 'grey area'. There's NO grey area regarding the M*nich chants, they're wrong. There's no defending them. The people who make the chants, and those who defend their right to, are wrong. The majority of City fans think so, the club think so, World football thinks so. At some point you'd think this would be realised.

There is of course the point that Munich chanting isn't really that big a part of MCFC culture and that by banging on about this your inflating the issue and causing the club more damage.

Matty said:
halpo123 said:
Matty said:
halpo123 said:

I don't need a dictionary cheers, I'm well aware what sanctimonious means. Feeling calling United fans M*nichs is acceptable, whatever your reasons is however 'emotionally retarded' so I stand by my statement as well.

yeah you`ve got your opinion and to be honest its a worthy one,its just that i think its a crock of shit but hey we`re all entitled to opinions!peace man

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.