Good news: City ready to spend big again

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Silva_Spell said:
If we lose out on Pogba, Yaya has to stay.

Yaya may not be worth it in the CL against the elite but in the PL he is still formidable.

Out:---------------------------------In:
Kolarov £8m------------R. Rodriguez £25m
Fernando £8m---------Khedira Free
Lampard Free----------Modric £25m-£30m
Navas £12m-------------Sterling £40m-£50m
Jovetic £18m-------------(Lopes)
Dzeko £17m-------------Dybala £25m-£30m
(Sinclair £2m)
-----£65mIsh-----------------£115m-£135mIsh

HCSDtoS.png

It'd give us the added pace in attack, the extra passing ability in the middle and the youth that we need.

Could keep Fernando or Navas

That actually looks good except I would get someone else instead of Khedira who's very prone to injury. Schneiderlin or such if we can.

Lack of pace through the center would be an issue.

And I don't see the point of playing two players who have pretty much the same role (controlling the game)

The average age of the three is also a big issue

bluechampion7891 said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Silva_Spell said:
If we lose out on Pogba, Yaya has to stay.

Yaya may not be worth it in the CL against the elite but in the PL he is still formidable.

Out:---------------------------------In:
Kolarov £8m------------R. Rodriguez £25m
Fernando £8m---------Khedira Free
Lampard Free----------Modric £25m-£30m
Navas £12m-------------Sterling £40m-£50m
Jovetic £18m-------------(Lopes)
Dzeko £17m-------------Dybala £25m-£30m
(Sinclair £2m)
-----£65mIsh-----------------£115m-£135mIsh

HCSDtoS.png

It'd give us the added pace in attack, the extra passing ability in the middle and the youth that we need.

Could keep Fernando or Navas

That actually looks good except I would get someone else instead of Khedira who's very prone to injury. Schneiderlin or such if we can.

Lack of pace through the center would be an issue.

And I don't see the point of playing two players who have pretty much the same role (controlling the game)

The average age of the three is also a big issue
I hate the buying for buying sake ideas. What's the point of buying Dybala? Sure he is a good player, but that ship sailed when we but Bony, no?
Khadera sucks. Injury prone, old and overrated. Why keep Yaya and bring in Modric? Sure they could form a formidable passing duo, but for just another year? And then we are looking again. I'd sell Yaya, and Nasri then bring in Koke, plus Modric, plus Sterling. I guess the left back is a matter of taste, some like Rodriquez, some Amavi, some Kurzawa I personally can't see past Gaya and Willems. I think they are the 2 most talented young LBs in Europe, and both will eventually become dominant Leftbacks. And I'd like us to get one of them. But in fairness, fullback is not that instrumental of a position, so if we end up with just a good one, then fine.
But the othe 3 positions are non-negotiable.

Wide speedster- Bale or Sterling (both also have added quality of being home grown
The Pirlo: Modric
Utility CM: Koke
LB: Gaya, Willems

Each one of the above except for LB will be a starter day one. Plus Hart, Zaba, Clichy, Kompany, Mangala, Silva, Aguero, and Bony or Fernandihno depending on opposition.
PS: I wouldn't sell Navas either. There would be games when a Sterling/Navas on both wings would be disruptive. So rather than Sell Fernando and Navas, I'd rather sell Yaya and Nasri. I know it's scary to sell good players, but Yaya is aging, Nasri will not be a happy bench player. So fix the problems before they arise.

blueparrot said:
SWP's back said:
These sorts of threads annoy me as people always put 10-15 players going out.

Has any team/squad ever shedder that many in a single window?

No, but most people are only talking about selling about 5 the rest of their lists are made up of players like Richards, Lampard, Milner, Sinclair, Guidetti, Nastasic and Negredo , players that have either already gone or will be going.
Exactly.
Here are the 5 I'd sell:
Yaya, Kolarov, Nasri Jovetic, Dzeko.

Here are the others leaving or have really left already:
Milner, Lampard, Guidetti, Nastasic, Negredo, Sinclair.

Here are the players I'd bring in:
Sterling, Koke, Modric, Gaya,

Here are the players I'd add from our reserves:
Lopes, Zuchulini, Iheanacho, Gunn

Returning Players from current squad:
Hart, Cabalero, Zab, Sagna, Clichy, Komps, Demichelis, Mangala, Boyata, Fernando, Fernadihno, Navas, Silva, Aguero, Bony.
I'd probably stay open to the idea of buying one more player: Bale if available or Lacazette if Bale isn't.

OUT:
Wright - free
Boyata - 1 mil
Rekik - loan
Richards - free
Kolarov - 5 mil
Zuculini - loan
Yaya Toure - 12 mil
Lampard - free
Milner - free
Sinclair - 2 mil
Guidetti - free
Jovetic - 20 mil
Dzeko - 15 mil
Negredo - 22 mil

IN:
Gunn - promote
Denayer - end loan
Kurzawa - 12 mil
Schneiderlin - 20 mil
Barkley - 35 mil
Lopes - end loan
Sterling - 30 mil
Felipe Anderson - 20 mil
Iheanacho - promote

TOTAL OUT: 77 mil
TOTAL IN: 117 mil
----------------------------
NET: 40 mil

Hart (Caballero, Gunn)
Zabaleta (Sagna) - Kompany (Denayer) - Mangala (Demichelis) - Kurzawa (Clichy)
Schneiderlin (Fernando) - Barkley (Fernandinho)
Nasri (Navas) - Silva (Lopes) - Sterling (Anderson)
Aguero (Bony, Iheanacho)

A significant summer transfer window coming up and one where Txiki and the Club as a whole need to reinforce our position at the top of English football and to provide the players to progress further in the Champions League, whilst playing with an attractive, attacking style. We need to reduce the age of our squad but not at the cost of quality. We need to promote our youth where possible.

For me we need to move on Yaya, Nasri, Dzeko and Kolarov to name just four high profile players.

Lots been said about formations. What I would like to see is a 4-5-1 when we are defending and a 4-3-3 when we have the ball and are attacking. It is vital that our team can and will play at a high tempo and press the opposition. I think the below players would help to develop and implement that style. My focus has been on youth, technical ability, pace and I'd like to think a desire to be winners.

The Club will need to understand the implications of any proposals that UEFA/FA/Premier League may be bringing in and how best we as a Club will manage our squad. That is one of the reasons they are in the positions they are. Only our management will know how much we have in our budget so of course the below is hypothetical.

My first choice 11 would be:
Hart
Zabaleta
Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg
Kompany
Mangala
Koke from Atletico
Dybala from Palermo
Pogba from Juventus for me our no.1 target
Silva
Sterling from LIverpool
Aguero

Subs
Gunn
Denayer
Fernandinho
Depay from PSV
Bony

I'd add into the squad:
Trippier from Burnley - we need competition for Zabaleta and it has to be home grown
Lopes
Zuculini
Byrne
Iheanacho
DeMichelis

Chevelle said:
I would love to see one or two of our younger players coming In... Lopez etc. Anyone we have that could cut it next season as a sub?

Iheanacho, Denayer, potentially Barker if he impresses in pre-season

Let's hope City feel able to make an assessment of the quality of our young players even though we can't - unless you watch them regularly which most of us can't do.

Utd managed to play quite a couple of their young players this season and they've spent a lot more than we have

Pellegrini said he'd give young players a chance. he hasn't, unless he has concluded that none of them were/are good enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.