good while it lasted

Tommy_Catons_Perm said:
Disappointed by how much negativity there is on here. Just need to keep plugging away, supporting the team and picking up points. Just giving up now WILL hand the title to the rags. Yes, we I think we'll need them to drop points now but if they do lets make sure we can capitalise.

Think of it this way - when it was the other way round - when CITY beat rags
6-1. Did rags give up ? NO. If they did they it would have been easier for us.

rags want us to give up - evem need us to give up. We Don't. We keep going.
Don't be disappointed. Most of them are reds. Come to expect it

They used to do this with the phone-in shows before the Internet became popular.

hgblue said:
samharris said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Absolutely this mate.

Lots of heads in the sand. Another spineless display. 67% possesion and one deflected goal to show for it. 5 goals in 9 away prem games, this is why thee will be no title.

Oh, and all those clowns shouting people down with "fans like you giving up isnt what wins titles". Fans can be as optimistic and supportive as you like but that doesnt put the ball in the net at WBA, Sunderland, Everton and Swansea. Fans cant score goals.

Mancini admitting too often that he got the tactics wrong or didnt prepare properly doesnt win titles.

5 goals in 9 away prem games doesnt win totles.

Not having adequate cover in key positions like centre half doesnt win titles (or cups, if Mancini had seen the light by putting Richards in the middle sooner we would now have a League Cup in the cabinet).

Botom line is that the manager and players cant back up all the bravado wheread, hate to admit it, but Uniteds manager and players can. They have been saying since the 6-1 what will happen and they are right. They might even rub our noses in it at the derby by winning the league that night.

Face it, its gone, the Chelsea game just gave false hope. This club has built up high expectations and then failed to deliver.

Rant all you want happy clappies. I wont be back to read your optimistic crap.

Bye.

I take it that means you have given up on this season and we wont expect any more imput from you for the run in ??

yeah right.

Unfortunately, a lot of what he says rings true this time.

24 points still to play for..when it gets down to 6 points to play for and we are 7 behind then we can should throw in the towel...Cant think why people would do it now...

Spineless we certainly were not yesterday. In fact we stuck in there and at least tried to keep playing under nothing less than physical intimidation and assault. Webb gave us no protection at all as he allows unbridled thuggery. I expected a hard physical game but Joke are beyond the fookin pale when it comes to us.
We won at Wigan and Villa. Both tough games and no easier than 3 of our 4 remaining away games imo. If we show the same resillience as yesterday with a full team out we will win at least 2 of those games. If we (and Silva in particular) hit any sort of form we could win the fookin lot

samharris said:
hgblue said:
samharris said:
I take it that means you have given up on this season and we wont expect any more imput from you for the run in ??

yeah right.

Unfortunately, a lot of what he says rings true this time.

24 points still to play for..when it gets down to 6 points to play for and we are 7 behind then we can should throw in the towel...Cant think why people would do it now...

I admire those of you who think we'll still win the League, and I hope you're right. I haven't given up hope, but I'm starting to prepare myself for the huge disappointment that I think is coming. Yesterday isn't a one off, because our away form hasn't been good enough for months, and it's this that will end up costing us the title imo. Hope I'm wrong....

It's a thread that is clearly way over the top, but to those who keep saying 'It's in our own hands, we just need to win our remaining games'.................

I'll be absolutely amazed if we win all our remaining games. In fact, I'm certain we won't, simply because there is no evidence at the moment to suggest we will. It would take a remarkable turnaround in our form to suddenly win every away game we have left, and there's no sign of that happening any time soon.

Fortunately, I'm also certain that United won't win every game between now and the end of the season, so there's no need to throw the towel in every time we drop points. There's a lot of twists and turns to come, and while they're certainly favourites now, we're very much still in it.

Maybe i shoud not be disppointed by the negativity I should expect it now i suppose.

This was on rag cafe

"I'm in no doubt we'll go 3 points clear Monday but sooner or later we'll drop points and they'll be right back in it again. It's far from over although it's a pretty nice position to be in right now :Keano: "

Don't know if it is a typical rag view bu t I suspect it is. The tables have turned
so lets see how rags like us lurking not giving up. Do to them what they did to us and keep going.

Odds for winning Euromillions 96,000,000/1
Odds for winning the title 9/4

How many on here do Euromillions I wonder.??

It's still in our own hands....if we win all our games from here on in, and score more goals we win the title.

whatever happens in the end i'll still be proud of the boys, there isnt really anyone you can accuse of not working their bolloks off this season, it has been an amazing rise considering we were only bought in the 09/10 season, next season we will be back better and stronger than ever, and we can still win the league this year!!! C'MON THE BLUES!!!<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:42 am --<br /><br />whatever happens in the end i'll still be proud of the boys, there isnt really anyone you can accuse of not working their bolloks off this season, it has been an amazing rise considering we were only bought in the 09/10 season, next season we will be back better and stronger than ever, and we can still win the league this year!!! C'MON THE BLUES!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.