good while it lasted

jayblue said:
Well that's it folks. End of story. Butt of all jokes again as the rags are triumphant again. Season can't end quick enough for me. Hope the olympics are good.
What a complete and utter cock.

Halfpenny said:
This place is making me lose the will to live, it really is. Did the rags say it was over when they were in our position? Of course they fucking didn't. Get a grip.
Actually they did!

Up until a few weeks ago the negativity around the swamp would have smothered most people!

Every player they had was shit (Evans, Evra, De Gea, Carrick, Anderson, Berbatov, Nani, spring to mind), Fergie had lost it, the Glazers were screwing them over, it was "the worst United team in years".

It's only since they went top again (and celebrated that day like they won the fucking Champions League!) that they've found their confidence again.

Fans are the same the world over. Don't think because some City fans are less than optimistic that they're a rare breed.

What would a United fan think if they looked at this! Thats as good as them getting the title! Were all in titled to our own opinions but get a grip pal!

Didn't read all of the pages, but I think I get the general idea....

Yes, yesterday was not the ideal result BUT at least it wasn't another Swansea, I'm sure I probably won't have been alone when I felt sick at conceding that late Moore goal to them the other week....1 point is always better than 0, and its crucial to remember, not so long ago we were 4 points behind them and have now (albeit potentially temporarily) nullified that advantage.

In some respects, yesterday's result was a good 'un - it wasn't a loss, we suffered no stupid dismissals, and it means we are now joint top of the Premier League. Simple as that.

Perhaps Utd have the easier run in, and perhaps it is difficult to see them losing any of those games; but what makes you think we won't win all of ours? I accept we have had some silly results this year (1-0 at Sunderland immediately comes to mind, and 1-0 at Swansea and Everton, despite not deserving the result at those two places), but there is also every chance that "the odd lot" could slip up - as mentioned so many times, they are only human, and have been exposed a few times this year as being somewhat mediocre in departments where we are infinitely better. Think of 2-3 against Blackburn, and 3-1 against Newcastle.

Take this into account if you will, and remember, they still have to play their hardest game of the season; us away. We've already had ours.

Take it easy and don't let it eat you inside, we can do it. CTID.

Freds Patio said:

Yes, yesterday was not the ideal result BUT at least it wasn't another Swansea, I'm sure I probably won't have been alone when I felt sick at conceding that late Moore goal to them the other week....1 point is always better than 0, and its crucial to remember, not so long ago we were 4 points behind them and have now (albeit potentially temporarily) nullified that advantage.

In some respects, yesterday's result was a good 'un - it wasn't a loss, we suffered no stupid dismissals, and it means we are now joint top of the Premier League. Simple as that.

Perhaps Utd have the easier run in, and perhaps it is difficult to see them losing any of those games; but what makes you think we won't win all of ours? I accept we have had some silly results this year (1-0 at Sunderland immediately comes to mind, and 1-0 at Swansea and Everton, despite not deserving the result at those two places), but there is also every chance that "the odd lot" could slip up - as mentioned so many times, they are only human, and have been exposed a few times this year as being somewhat mediocre in departments where we are infinitely better. Think of 2-3 against Blackburn, and 3-1 against Newcastle.

Take this into account if you will, and remember, they still have to play their hardest game of the season; us away. We've already had ours.

Freds Patio..arf !! did rose help you with it ??

samharris said:
Freds Patio said:

No matey, she's upstairs, servicing a league of West Indian gentlemen.

note: I am totally disgusted by the actions of the West's. it was just the first name that came to mind, as I had recently finished a study on them.

Freds Patio said:
samharris said:
Freds Patio said:

No matey, she's upstairs, servicing a league of West Indian gentlemen.

note: I am totally disgusted by the actions of the West's. it was just the first name that came to mind, as I had recently finished a study on them.

Phew!! thats ok then. :)

Freds Patio said:

The problem is that at the moment we arent looking good enough to win our remaining games, its not over yet but the chances are we will finish second, whether this is acceptable depends on each individual. I have this awful feeling when we play them if they get a result there going to win it at our ground.

For what its worth if we do get the title its been a great year if we dont it has been diassapointing.

hilts said:
Freds Patio said:

The problem is that at the moment we arent looking good enough to win our remaining games, its not over yet but the chances are we will finish second, whether this is acceptable depends on each individual. I have this awful feeling when we play them if they get a result there going to win it at our ground.

For what its worth if we do get the title its been a great year if we dont it has been diassapointing.

D'you think so mate? Away form has been a bit of a hindrance (yet again) this year, but our home performances have been by far the best football i've seen City produce in my 21 years of living!

This has been the first year that I've gone to each home game and not thought "IF we score", but "WHEN we score" instead :) don't get me wrong, i'm not a "we'll score when we want" type of guy, but we do still have it in us to go all the way. If we finished second but gave our all, i'd be satisfied with that - i'd just feel a bit cheated if we consistently produced lazy, lacklustre football - but this year, we haven't done that, and most neutral fans would agree (the non-jealous type anyway) that we have played the most attractive football in England this year, overall.

We have 4 home games left, and 4 away games. Of those two, the only fixtures I am slightly wary of are Arsenal away, due to their unstoppable "one-man" team, and Norwich away, because we have shown that we have quite a skill at dropping points away against opposition we should really be beating; Sunderland, Neverton, Swansea for example. I genuinely believe we will win all 4 home games, and win 2 of those aways.

Call me an optimist, but I also can't help but feel that Utd won't have it all their own way against Fulham. They're due a slip-up, its been coming, and Fulham are the sort of team that Ferguson will underestimate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.