good while it lasted

jayblue said:
bluebannana said:
jayblue said:
[quote="

I was gutted when we got relegated but I knew we'd be back. I've been there for every relegation game including the win at stoke. The team was shite then so I didn't have any expectations. Where now we have a great squad who can play better than we are currently so I find it more annoying to watch inept performances creeping in. I'm a realist and feel we've blown it this season. This does not make me any less a fan than anyone who still thinks we can do it. I'll still be there supporting the team hoping we can turn it around but I feel the rags won't let it slip now. Hope I'm wrong. Thanks for the dogs abuse fellow blues for expressing all your fears.

So have I.......but I also know that to win a league is not easy and straight forwards. That is why it is the pinnacle of achievement. If you expect to have a first real attempt at winning the league in donkeys years to be easy........well wake up and smell the coffee !
Every season 1 team wins it - all the others can say they blew it.
If we win great. If we don't ok it's improvement ( look at points total to know that) and we analyse where we can improve and deal with it.

City are not blowing it - we are learning it's bloody hard to win away from home under these circumstances. I remember many times with the boot on the other foot. Ie when Leeds one the league we beat them 4 - 0 with a few games to go. Leeds thought they had blew it........they won the league from the rags.

I never supported City because it is all about trophies.........and that will never be the be all and end all for me and lots of blues

jayblue said:
Well that's it folks. End of story. Butt of all jokes again as the rags are triumphant again. Season can't end quick enough for me. Hope the olympics are good.

True. But there are plenty of deluded people who still thinks the bubble hasn't burst. Good for them I guess.

Disgusting performance by city in the second half of the season. How do you even give away such a big lead, I do not know.

samharris said:
hgblue said:
samharris said:
I take it that means you have given up on this season and we wont expect any more imput from you for the run in ??

yeah right.

Unfortunately, a lot of what he says rings true this time.

24 points still to play for..when it gets down to 6 points to play for and we are 7 behind then we can should throw in the towel...Cant think why people would do it now...

Exactly this, some of the negative posts on here are ludicrous, we have 8 games, 4 away and 4 at home, they have got to come to ours and they have to play relegation battling teams.
Imo they have peaked to soon and we are due a good run, especially now. Cant understand some of the negativity on the Forams.
Its going to the wire you numpties.

hgblue said:
samharris said:
hgblue said:
Unfortunately, a lot of what he says rings true this time.

24 points still to play for..when it gets down to 6 points to play for and we are 7 behind then we can should throw in the towel...Cant think why people would do it now...

I admire those of you who think we'll still win the League, and I hope you're right. I haven't given up hope, but I'm starting to prepare myself for the huge disappointment that I think is coming. Yesterday isn't a one off, because our away form hasn't been good enough for months, and it's this that will end up costing us the title imo. Hope I'm wrong....

Our away form HAS been dire. The results speak for themselves ...but....

..we are still on the coat-tails of the leaders (top actually - scum haven´t bagged any points for tomorrow yet as far as I´m aware)
We absolutely CAN play better
We will have a fully fit squad next week (prays!)
Apart from Arse all our away games are eminently winnable
The team FINISHING strongest will win it. Scum are in the middle/end of a good run imo. If they continue it till the end then they deserve it
The inponderables - a Wooney injury or suspension - remember his rant in the camera lst season?
Silva finds blistering form again
Most of our away oppos wil have nothing to play for - 3 of scums certainly will
Arse have won 7 on the bounce - at some stage soon they have to slip up. They got lucky v Toon with the time added on. That can´t last

I am neither in the "deluded optimism" nor the "throw in the towel" camp. I see what I see and look at what´s ahead. Anyone with an ounce of rationale can see it´s far from over. I was encouraged if not by our play, then by our dogged determination as exemplified by the likes of Micah, Zab and Baz. With Kun,Komps and Les to come back who´s to say that won´t give us the impetus for a final push and spur the whole squad on.
Then there´s Tevez - we saw what impact he had Wed. He could (like or loathe him) take us over the line
As I´ve mentioned before it could all come down to the derby. If it does we will all need balls bigger than planets. Till then keep cool and wait and see

Big Dave Watson said:
jayblue said:
CC1 said:
Agreed. We are top of the league and the glory supporters are now showing their true colours.
Been going since 1977. I was at the 81 final, the luton relegation and following ups and downs. All vent your anger at me if it makes you feel better when really I've just posted what the majority of you are thinking. Delude yourselves all you want. The red bastards won't let it slip now. Call me gutless if you want. I've just watched 95 mins of gutless .

Absolutely this mate.

Lots of heads in the sand. Another spineless display. 67% possesion and one deflected goal to show for it. 5 goals in 9 away prem games, this is why thee will be no title.

Oh, and all those clowns shouting people down with "fans like you giving up isnt what wins titles". Fans can be as optimistic and supportive as you like but that doesnt put the ball in the net at WBA, Sunderland, Everton and Swansea. Fans cant score goals.

Mancini admitting too often that he got the tactics wrong or didnt prepare properly doesnt win titles.

5 goals in 9 away prem games doesnt win totles.

Not having adequate cover in key positions like centre half doesnt win titles (or cups, if Mancini had seen the light by putting Richards in the middle sooner we would now have a League Cup in the cabinet).

Botom line is that the manager and players cant back up all the bravado wheread, hate to admit it, but Uniteds manager and players can. They have been saying since the 6-1 what will happen and they are right. They might even rub our noses in it at the derby by winning the league that night.

Face it, its gone, the Chelsea game just gave false hope. This club has built up high expectations and then failed to deliver.

Rant all you want happy clappies. I wont be back to read your optimistic crap.

Bye.

So a so called City fan has flounced off the site because he or she can't handle other City fans being optimistic when we are top of the league ?

We weren't even expected to top the league this year, so are ahead of schedule & THAT is the best you can come up with at this time ?

What an absolute fucking disgrace you are.

Good riddance.

Neville Kneville said:
Big Dave Watson said:
jayblue said:
Been going since 1977. I was at the 81 final, the luton relegation and following ups and downs. All vent your anger at me if it makes you feel better when really I've just posted what the majority of you are thinking. Delude yourselves all you want. The red bastards won't let it slip now. Call me gutless if you want. I've just watched 95 mins of gutless .

Absolutely this mate.

Lots of heads in the sand. Another spineless display. 67% possesion and one deflected goal to show for it. 5 goals in 9 away prem games, this is why thee will be no title.

Oh, and all those clowns shouting people down with "fans like you giving up isnt what wins titles". Fans can be as optimistic and supportive as you like but that doesnt put the ball in the net at WBA, Sunderland, Everton and Swansea. Fans cant score goals.

Mancini admitting too often that he got the tactics wrong or didnt prepare properly doesnt win titles.

Not having adequate cover in key positions like centre half doesnt win titles (or cups, if Mancini had seen the light by putting Richards in the middle sooner we would now have a League Cup in the cabinet).

Botom line is that the manager and players cant back up all the bravado wheread, hate to admit it, but Uniteds manager and players can. They have been saying since the 6-1 what will happen and they are right. They might even rub our noses in it at the derby by winning the league that night.

Face it, its gone, the Chelsea game just gave false hope. This club has built up high expectations and then failed to deliver.

Bye.

So a so called City fan has flounced off the site because he or she can't handle other City fans being optimistic when we are top of the league ?

We weren't even expected to top the league this year, so are ahead of schedule & THAT is the best you can come up with at this time ?

What an absolute fucking disgrace you are.

Good riddance.

Chelsea home 3 points Stoke away 1 point = 4 points...Anyone on here would have taken that before last week... funny that some see it as a disaster.

Without looking at the rags run in, if we knew we would beat Chelsea and get a point from stoke away (at the start of the season) we would probably have taken that. We can't focus on them only what we can control. Yes yesterday was fucking horrible, a wonder goal that put us behind, no ideas as to how to play against them and yet we managed to get out of there with a point. GET A GRIP!

Big Dave Watson said:
[Absolutely this mate.

Bye.

One of the many infiltrators to crawl out of the woodwork....You'll be back with more shit-stirring so don't give us that "Bye" bollocks.....

This place is making me lose the will to live, it really is. Did the rags say it was over when they were in our position? Of course they fucking didn't. Get a grip.

BlueSinclair said:
jayblue said:
Well that's it folks. End of story. Butt of all jokes again as the rags are triumphant again. Season can't end quick enough for me. Hope the olympics are good.

True. But there are plenty of deluded people who still thinks the bubble hasn't burst. Good for them I guess.

Disgusting performance by city in the second half of the season. How do you even give away such a big lead, I do not know.

hows it burst.
if we were 5th then ye. it only feels bad because we have been top for so long. yes its very disapointing we didnt win the carling cup or the fa cup again but at the start of the season how many of you would have been happy with finishing 2nd.

hopefully the rags will drop points againt fulham. :/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.