Goodbye Mario? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Goodbye Mario?

Prestwich_Blue said:
didactic said:
Its not who you determine its who the audience like. Just like Charlie Sheen is more of a recognised brand than tee total Cliff Richards. Balotelli is more famous and has a larger audience world wide than Kompany. Shirt sales alone prove that.
This "he sells shirts" stuff is bollocks in my opinion. He may well be one of the most popular names on our shirt but to suggest that people buy thousands of shirts just because of Balotelli is utter nonsense. If we didn't have Balotelli then at least 99.999% of the people with his name on the back of their shirt would get someone else's.

Maybe so but would they support the club? I mean teenage Americans who like the whole Balotelli appeal. That alone is a massive market.

Pigeonho said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
didactic said:
Its not who you determine its who the audience like. Just like Charlie Sheen is more of a recognised brand than tee total Cliff Richards. Balotelli is more famous and has a larger audience world wide than Kompany. Shirt sales alone prove that.

+1

Very naive for anyone to think that Zab can be the poster boy of Manchester City. As has been said, the whole world watches Mario's every movement. Maybe this was part of the problem
Not naive, it's an opinion. Personally I couldn't give a fuck about a poster boy. Poster boy's are for boy bands and pop groups, not football. Maybe i'm too old school but that's how I see it.

don't mean to be rude but it is naive to think that modern day football clubs don't/won't market a player as a poster boy

didactic said:
Pigeonho said:
+1

Very naive for anyone to think that Zab can be the poster boy of Manchester City. As has been said, the whole world watches Mario's every movement. Maybe this was part of the problem
Not naive, it's an opinion. Personally I couldn't give a fuck about a poster boy. Poster boy's are for boy bands and pop groups, not football. Maybe i'm too old school but that's how I see it.

Fook off Pige I bet you had his poster.

Ronaldo-Brazil-Wallpaper.jpg
The only poster on my wall as a teen was one of Claudia Schiffer which, by the end of it's life, was like a piece of cardboard.

Prestwich_Blue said:
didactic said:
This "he sells shirts" stuff is bollocks in my opinion. He may well be one of the most popular names on our shirt but to suggest that people buy thousands of shirts just because of Balotelli is utter nonsense. If we didn't have Balotelli then at least 99.999% of the people with his name on the back of their shirt would get someone else's.

Absolutely correct.

The people who bought City shirts and had Balotelli printed on them would have bought a shirt anyway.

Zabba,Aguero,Silva are 5000% more of a poster boy than Mario ever will be for me.

Personally hope he is sold but I doubt it in this window

Pigeonho said:
+1

don't mean to be rude but it is naive to think that modern day football clubs don't/won't market a player as a poster boy
I know they do, i'm talking from things personally. I want players who bang in goals when we've spent X amount of millions of pounds on them, not players who sell posters and trend silly hair cuts. I know that is modern day football but i'm not arsed about any of that.

Prestwich_Blue said:
didactic said:

KUN AGUERO 16 appears on 28% of the 14,253 shirts that make up the Top 10 best-sellers.

BALOTELLI 45 accounting for 14% of the Top 10.

he doesn't sell that many

He has certainly split our support. But I feel that over time he will be remembered fondly by most of us. The first goal in the 6-1 will live long in my memory. I really believe that the arrogance he showed towards United with that finish broke their spirits. It was the sort of thing Cantona used to do to us. He has been very inconsistent. Older fans will remember people like Frank Worthington, Tony Currie, and Rodney Marsh. They were all lazy and inconsistent but on their day they lifted the spirits and will never be forgotten by those of a certain age. It may well be that Mario never fulfils his full potential but he has never been boring. I hope he does well at Milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.