Goodbye Mario? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mancity1 said:
grim up north said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
It shouldn't bother me, but it really annoys me when people from other countries moan about our food. Someone with the resources of a Cheshire based Premier League footballer can eat what they want, when they want, as well as eat at some of the world's best restaurants within three hours drive, something a resident of Milan could not boast. I lived there for a short while in the early-naughties and it is well short of being a 'great' city.

Agree with him about our weather, mind.

Mario is right British food is shite, it dull and boring. Never ever go out and eat English food, rarely cook it.

The food in England from my memory is up with the best of them but again it depends where and when and to be fare some eateries don't have the resources to compete with others and shouldn't be judged accordingly.

Overall the standard is far superior to what it was when I was over there in 78.

Mario's response to the reporter while direct and a tad humerous again shows his immaturity.

If he has a beef with the paper or the particular journalist there are better ways to get his point across than at his first press conference at Milan.

Jeez we're you from

grim up north said:
mancity1 said:
grim up north said:
Mario is right British food is shite, it dull and boring. Never ever go out and eat English food, rarely cook it.

The food in England from my memory is up with the best of them but again it depends where and when and to be fare some eateries don't have the resources to compete with others and shouldn't be judged accordingly.

Overall the standard is far superior to what it was when I was over there in 78.

Mario's response to the reporter while direct and a tad humerous again shows his immaturity.

If he has a beef with the paper or the particular journalist there are better ways to get his point across than at his first press conference at Milan.

Jeez we're you from

Not as grim up north as it is for you (LOL) but look and you shall see.

mancity1 said:
grim up north said:
It shouldn't bother me, but it really annoys me when people from other countries moan about our food. Someone with the resources of a Cheshire based Premier League footballer can eat what they want, when they want, as well as eat at some of the world's best restaurants within three hours drive, something a resident of Milan could not boast. I lived there for a short while in the early-naughties and it is well short of being a 'great' city.

I thought it was an exceptional way of getting his point across. Wasn't over the top, wasn't nasty, said what needed to be said.

mancity1 said:
grim up north said:
mancity1 said:

Jeez we're you from

Not as grim up north as it is for you (LOL) but look and you shall see.

Cannot comment on the quality of the Aussie Barbie unfortunately never had the pleasure

grim up north said:
grim up north said:
Perhaps you should broaden your horizons beyond Brewer's Fayre and Harvester, mate.

What would you suggest, beyond dead animal and carrots
Toby Carvery might make you change your mind.

mancity1 said:
grim up north said:

So if you were Mario how would you have dealt with this reporter???

I had to laugh where one of the retorts was that some of the worlds best restaurants are within a 3 hour drive . hardly defending Manchester that! The food can be incredibly bland but you dont move to the uk for the food and I am sure it was tongue in cheek comment just like the weather

moomba said:
mancity1 said:
grim up north said:

I thought it was an exceptional way of getting his point across. Wasn't over the top, wasn't nasty, said what needed to be said.

Agreed it wasn't nasty but its like saying I don't wish to talk to anybody from Telstra anymore because I don't like the customer service rep I spoke to last Moomba.

I will talk to Optus staff because they are nice to me and treat me with respect until one or two don't.

You soon run out of people you may one day need to rely on to help you Moomba.

Exceptional ?

Hardly Moomba.

Little kid stuff in reality , your mob gave me a bum deal so I don't want to talk to you or answer whatever you have to ask me now.

My 22 year old could come up with better repartee than that and he is given a bum time with most press as well.

It embarrassed his " sidekick " (LOL) and he would have been better off giving the reporter an opportunity to ask the question first and then responding.

Don't get me wrong I am sure he would like to say the same to many people Moomba and no doubt will if he gets the opportunity to participate in more press conferences but you could tell he didn't want to be there and was pressured to do so for PR purposes.

I am sure we won't be seeing much of Mario in such an environment too often in the future either on his own or with others representing AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.